09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover IT

Message 11 of 37
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

All I know is I like the looks of it.  I got mine yesterday.  I will be out to a function tonight and will be the first time I use it.  I am tempted to grab something on the way however because I saw that post the other day where someone thought they activated it and got declined when they used it.  I can't remember the circumstances, but I know I talked to the customer rep and she confirmed it. LOL I just keep laughing in my head though imagining me at this function with a lot of people and seeing the card being swiped multiple times, as the lady starts to tell me it was declined with my pits sweating right through my jacket.  Yeah...I think I am gonna grab something small on the way LOL.

Oh and Congrats by the way....I just snapped out of it.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 12 of 37
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I just applied for the Discover It card and was approved.  I am excited that it does not have a foreign transaction fee.  When I travel internationally, this will be my preferred card.

Message 13 of 37
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

No AF no FTF 0%apr for 14 month (those that qualify)  reward 1%-20% whats not to like

Message 14 of 37
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

All I know is I like the looks of it.  I got mine yesterday.  I will be out to a function tonight and will be the first time I use it.  I am tempted to grab something on the way however because I saw that post the other day where someone thought they activated it and got declined when they used it.  I can't remember the circumstances, but I know I talked to the customer rep and she confirmed it. LOL I just keep laughing in my head though imagining me at this function with a lot of people and seeing the card being swiped multiple times, as the lady starts to tell me it was declined with my pits sweating right through my jacket.  Yeah...I think I am gonna grab something small on the way LOL.

Oh and Congrats by the way....I just snapped out of it.

LOL 

what a story haha. I sometimes would leave the sticker on just to be on the safe side lmao.

Message 15 of 37
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@BlueNightStar wrote:

Congratulations! This is a great card. I've been eyeing it for a year but wasn't sure if my profile would get me a decent limit and I was on the fence about their rewards. I went ahead and applied recently and to my surprise they gave me my highest limit yet - almost double what my highest card is currently.

Their rewards are awesome. They offer random 2% spending days, rotating 5% categories, Shop Discover for extra points and everything else at 1%. Their customer service is top notch. I don't think I've ever been as pleased with a card. And to think this was the card I was the least excited about apping for.

I too have been eyeing this card. I am pretty sure that I will be approved, but I want a good initial crdit limit. So I have been waiting the last few months until my USAA account is elligible for a cli (may 15); and my BCE is currently 58 days old. I am planning on USAA approving my cli to 8k, at which point Discover will have something to shoot for. I want to avoid a little 3k or 4k initial limit... so I wait.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 16 of 37
Radek7752
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Discover. I really like the look of the IT (there really needs to be a metal version!) and Discover's customer service is amazing. The only reasons why I don't use mine more is because of the credit limit and the categories this year just aren't that useful to me. I think the IT overlaps with the Freedom one or two quarters for gas.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 17 of 37
beb86
Valued Contributor

So far so good for me...keen racking up the cash back...

Message 18 of 37
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

1) I wasn't impressed with my initial credit limit.

2) They put the magnetic strip on the wrong edge of the card. So every time I use the card, I have to watch several incorrect swipes, followed by examining card closely, rotating card 180 degrees, then another swipe. Hilarious. NOT.

3) Their web site is very nice.

4) I'm still not impressed with my initial credit limit.

5) Rotating reward categories aren't as useful to me as I first thought. OK, restaurants was great, now just 9 months to wait until I can use the card again. YMMV.

6) I occasionally hear a cashier say "OH! This card has an Orange edge!". OK, maybe it was just once, but it seems like more.

7) I like the clean look of the front of the card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 37
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I just got mines today! It comes in a really nice box. It was in my mailbox this evening. The card definitely feels like metal on the front. anyone else agree? Still waiting on Barclays Rewards so I can charge these utilities bills as my Cap1 Cash Rewards card has the $1500 emergency on it now. Ugh! I hate waiting and I hate transferring all of my recurring expenses to a different card! Ugh! Smiley Sad Last time!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.