Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT

Thank you for the advice and information everyone. 

So...my score 644 with those baddies is borderline.

Lets say if I get utilization below 10% by middle of March, and am successful in getting a couple of the bads removed PFD etc.  Think I will see a pretty good jump in score which will afford me a greater chance at approval?

Message 21 of 30
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.

Message 22 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.

Discover will pull TU or EQ most all the time ( not all 3 that i know of ). What is your score and do you have any baddies ???

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 30
Peter1142
Established Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@Peter1142 wrote:

Discover will pull TU or EQ most all the time ( not all 3 that i know of ). What is your score and do you have any baddies ???

Scores are 692 (Ex), 703 (Tu), and 709 (Eq). There is an open collection on Ex from 4 years ago. When Raymour reports I am sure my scores will plummet.

Message 24 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@Peter1142 wrote:

Scores are 692 (Ex), 703 (Tu), and 709 (Eq). There is an open collection on Ex from 4 years ago. When Raymour reports I am sure my scores will plummet.

With this on your report it's hard to say !   your scores are high enough to get the Discover card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 25 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Discover pulled EQ for me, it really depends on your location. If they've been sending you preapprovals you have a good chance though.
Message 26 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Peter1142 wrote:

How accurate are their "preapprovals"? They say I am preapproved. I am going to make another app the same day.

In the future, please start your own thread so that your specific issues may be addressed.  I had to re-read this post twice to figure out who was asking what. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks ~ Lexie

Message 27 of 30
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

I'd say get your util down a bit, be prepared to call in on recon line , the sticky is around here somewhere or google it, and have explanations in order so you can answer their Q's when you call in. Call the minute it comes back not instantly approved , seems like it is much easier for the reps to overturn if it has not made it all the way through the system yet.
They pulled EQ for me. I signed on with IT in April last year, CS that came with the packet said 701, and I had to recon due to a 9yo BK reporting. Starting CL 4k.
Good luck!
Message 28 of 30
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have an idea of when they start sending pre-approved letters and such?  I was just wondering, once her Utility is down and some of the "newer" accounts have aged a bit, her score will probably increase a little.  Is there a mark, so to speak, where we can say, "ok we hit xxx number, maybe now we will get some pre-approval offers from Discover".

Just curious, as I have seen a lot of people and post on the forums about getting offers in the mail and stuff.

thanks everyone again!

Message 29 of 30
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

I would let the new accounts age for the next 6 months. Too many new accounts and no recent history to go by IMO. But of course with Discover it's YMMV, some with 700 score will be denied while some with 640 will be approved. That is one tough nut to crack right there.. Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.