cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It 5% cashback work on PayPal Key?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It 5% cashback work on PayPal Key?

@frugal47374 wrote:

I tried to set up PayPal key and was told it wasn't available to all customers yet but to check back.

Just order the Cash Plus debit. That got it activated for me instantly. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-debit-card

Message 11 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea you can only have one virtual card number at a time unfortunately. 

This is great if you get discounts for having autopay or online retailers who don't accept credit cards. For example Verizon only allows debit cards & ACH payments to qualify for the autopay discount. Verizon thinks the PayPal key is a debit card. 

Message 12 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is great if you get discounts for having autopay or online retailers who don't accept credit cards. For example Verizon only allows debit cards & ACH payments to qualify for the autopay discount. Verizon thinks the PayPal key is a debit card. 

Yeah I like this idea a lot. I don't mind having to get a new number when I'm on a shady site since it means I'll get 3% cash back without risking my card getting compromised.

Apparently you can link it to PayPal Credit to get 6 months 0% anywhere too. 

Message 13 of 67
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval! The key can also be used when a merchant doesn't take a card like Disco or Amex. The Key will process using those cards.

Message 14 of 67
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Theres one credit card caveat with Verizon. You can use the Verizon credit card to get autopay. Key is great for those who don't want a Verizon card.

Message 15 of 67
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@frugal47374 wrote:

I tried to set up PayPal key and was told it wasn't available to all customers yet but to check back.

Just order the Cash Plus debit. That got it activated for me instantly. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-debit-card

@Anonymous, Thanks for the LinkSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

For some of us, ordering the card didn't initiate the paypal key link

Message 17 of 67
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I went to some info link, and i never ordered the card, but I did have a verified personal paypal account (CashPlus) and was able to activate Paypal Key.... linked to Miss Disco

-J

Message 18 of 67
A-B
Established Member

@longtimelurker wrote:

For some of us, ordering the card didn't initiate the paypal key link

The option to get PayPal Key did not automatically appear for me after applying for the PayPal Cash Debit Card.  However, I searched the help section for PayPal Key and was able to activate it from a link (see below) within the help section.  

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debitcards/enroll/virtual-card?entrypoint=walletweb

Message 19 of 67
JL276
Regular Contributor

I had no clue about paypal Key but I just ordered the Paypal cash debit card and it generated a key. Awesome find!

Now I'll max out this Disco quarter easily. To think, Paypal and restaraunts was the quarter I thought would be useless for me. Lol

@M_Smart007   @Anonymous  Also excuse my ignorance but what's the point of having the Paypal cash debit card? Does the Paypal debit card also link to credit cards or does it only use the paypal balance and/or bank account?

Message 20 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.