cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It 5% cashback work on PayPal Key?

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It 5% cashback work on PayPal Key?

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

For some of us, ordering the card didn't initiate the paypal key link

Did you try the link to check for the Key after ordering the card?

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debitcards/enroll/virtual-card?entrypoint=walletweb

OMG OMG OMG thank you!!! It kept telling me I was ineligible for the paypal cash plus card but let me set up the key!! Thank you!!

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 41 of 67
vic6string
Regular Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Interesting...so to get PayPal Key activated, you need to get the debit card?

I did it as soon as I saw this post, and it didn't even mention a debit card. As soon as I hit submit, it gave me a card number, exp date, and 3 digit code to use, and I used it 5 minutes later to pay my power bill. I haven't optimized this quarter at all because I rarely use paypal (most of my bills don't have it as an option) and restaurants have been closed for the entire period other than to order out. Finding out about this was awesome because just doing my power, cellphone, and cable bills will get me to the $1500 where I wasn't even close before. 

Message 42 of 67
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Has anybody tried using the Paypal Key with Walmart Pay?

At-a-glance one would think it might work since WMP isn't a bank-provisioned "wallet," but something tells me it won't be that easy... 🤔

Message 43 of 67
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

At-a-glance one would think it might work since WMP isn't a bank-provisioned "wallet," but something tells me it won't be that easy... 🤔

@UncleB, We are all waiting for you to go firstSmiley Very Happy

I have not read any DP's on that yet, it is pretty new to me, just got the key a few days ago.

Message 44 of 67
ZAWARUDO
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debitcards/enroll/virtual-card?entrypoint=walletweb

Thank you for this link! I didn't have to order a card but this worked.

Message 45 of 67
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I have not read any DP's on that yet, it is pretty new to me, just got the key a few days ago.

I wasn't going to bother trying this out with only a couple of weeks left, but I noticed that my PayPal Key was already loaded into Walmart Pay since I used it to place an online order just a few days ago - all I had to do was confirm the CVV in Walmart Pay (how nice of them... haha).

Anyway, I had to make an unplanned stop by my local supercenter today, and I figured what the heck, why not try it... and it worked. Smiley Happy

PPkeyWMP.png

Slightly off-topic pro-tip for Walmart Pay:  I like to get a paper receipt, but you don't get one if you pay with Walmart Pay.  To force the self-checkout to print a receipt I drop a coin (usually a penny or nickel) into the coin slot before scanning the QR code.  The split tender causes a receipt to be printed.  Smiley Wink

Message 46 of 67
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I wasn't going to bother trying this out with only a couple of weeks left, but I noticed that my PayPal Key was already loaded into Walmart Pay since I used it to place an online order just a few days ago - all I had to do was confirm the CVV in Walmart Pay (how nice of them... haha).

Anyway, I had to make an unplanned stop by my local supercenter today, and I figured what the heck, why not try it... and it worked. Smiley Happy

PPkeyWMP.png

Slightly off-topic pro-tip for Walmart Pay:  I like to get a paper receipt, but you don't get one if you pay with Walmart Pay.  To force the self-checkout to print a receipt I drop a coin (usually a penny or nickel) into the coin slot before scanning the QR code.  The split tender causes a receipt to be printed.  Smiley Wink

Congrats @UncleB WooHoo!

Glad it worked outSmiley Happy

Message 47 of 67
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

Just wanted to add that a relative and I both added Paypal Key to our accounts, and neither of us needed to add the debit card to get link to work.  My relative's account is brand new (though I helped her create it right before the $10 refer a friend offer started so missed out of that).  She created the account and added a credit card.  Initially the paypal key link said to call when we tried to create the key the first day.  After waiting a few days, we tried again, and the key was created with no issues.

Message 48 of 67
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@ZAWARUDO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Thank you for this link! I didn't have to order a card but this worked.

Sweet! Just tried the link and it worked without getting the debit card first. This can really come in handy! I love these forums lol. 

Message 49 of 67
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@KLEXH25, CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.