cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

Great news, thanks! I haven't logged on in a few days and this was really nice to see.  I just called to switch.  My statement cuts tomorrow so my changes won't take effect until Jan. 19th but the rep I spoke to said to be on the lookout for the card that week.

I apped for the Freedom last week in an attempt to get a cashback card that offered 1% on everything (denied), and now I'm kicking myself! :-P

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 91 of 141
lithium78
Established Contributor

Just called and PCed my More to an It.  It was very easy.  I'm looking forward to this card coming in.  I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't keep my American flag design, but the design on the It is pretty nifty looking too.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 92 of 141
LilNYC
New Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Just called and PCed my More to an It.  It was very easy.  I'm looking forward to this card coming in.  I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't keep my American flag design, but the design on the It is pretty nifty looking too.

I think you can still use your More card until the expiration date. At least that's what other ppl who've PCed posted a while back.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 93 of 141
claeyssen
Established Member

just switched was easy!  today is my billing cycle so have to wait a monthSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 637 EQ 646 TU 663 EX
Current Score: 658 EQ 658 TU 663 EX
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 94 of 141
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks kekrre and FutureBillionaire for the confirmations.  It sounds like a great card then, guess I'll PC to it as well. Smiley Tongue

One last question though, is this a 'pure' Discover card and not a co-branding with any other company? 

I ask because my biggest credit mistake in my life was to accept a a telemarketing offer to PC my Citibank Visa (that I opened in 1993) to a co-branded Sony card back in 2000, and which has since changed banks several times much to my great consternation and regret (especially since it's now a Capital One card lol). 

Message 95 of 141
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@h4ldol wrote:

Thanks kekrre and FutureBillionaire for the confirmations.  It sounds like a great card then, guess I'll PC to it as well. Smiley Tongue

One last question though, is this a 'pure' Discover card and not a co-branding with any other company? 

I ask because my biggest credit mistake in my life was to accept a a telemarketing offer to PC my Citibank Visa (that I opened in 1993) to a co-branded Sony card back in 2000, and which has since changed banks several times much to my great consternation and regret (especially since it's now a Capital One card lol). 

the IT is just a regular discover card. no co-branding or anything. 

Message 96 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

can someone send me a photo of the back of the card with all info blocked out?? Im just really curious!!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 97 of 141
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

When I view my account online, it gives me the option to choose between five different Discover it card designs.  I thought I saw someone mention on here that there is only one design.  

Message 98 of 141
stone
Regular Contributor

i have my current discover more for only 15 months, what is the best option for me? apply a new discover it, or convert my current more?

Message 99 of 141
stone
Regular Contributor

@shinedown87 wrote:

When I view my account online, it gives me the option to choose between five different Discover it card designs.  I thought I saw someone mention on here that there is only one design.  

any screenshot to share? I really like current lots of card design...

five sounds like it is not enough.

Message 100 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.