cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

I am seeing 5 new designs as well.  THE MIX TAPE IS BACK!! lol.  I just requested one for my AU.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 101 of 141
h4ldol
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

the IT is just a regular discover card. no co-branding or anything. 

Thanks.  

I just called a CSR and did the PC change to the IT card.  It seems there are five cards to choose from, including a non-picture basic design, a NYC skyline, a "mix taper," and some others that I can't remember.  

Interestingly, the More card doesn't even show on the Discover website anymore, only the IT shows (along with a student version of the IT and business cards), so it does seem that the IT card is replacing the More and everyone with a More will eventually get converted to the IT eventually I would guess.

Message 102 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to product change through the online chat feature, no hassle. Took no more than three minutes. Sadly, my statement doesn't cut until January 17th so I have to wait a whole month. I just missed the deadline lol.

Message 103 of 141
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I just noticed that all of Discover's cards have completely disappeared. All they have and seem to be offering as of now is the IT and IT student. Will More card holders be PC'd to it if we don't call in to upgrade? They should have just changed the reward structure of the More instead of creating a new card...

UPDATE:

Just called and PC'd my card over tonight. It won't be converted until my billing cycle ends on the 28th. I really just wanted the 1% unlimited cash back. Nice incentive. Now they can compete fairly with Chase Freedom.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 104 of 141
kekrre
Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I am seeing 5 new designs as well.  THE MIX TAPE IS BACK!! lol.  I just requested one for my AU.

Could you grab a screenshot? - no personal details, obviously. I'm actually really not a fan of the standard It design, but I don't think they'll have anything that I'll really like.

It'd be cool if they printed the names on the front in raised letters like they do at Chase (presuming, from a video unboxing I came across on YouTube, that they do not), but I know the point of switching to nonembossed cards is to eliminate the embossing machinery, save money, and improve card turnaround times (expedited shipping is listed as a "benefit" for the card).

|||||||
Message 105 of 141
EandK23
Regular Contributor

I pc'd mine as well. The tiered cash back structure really deterred me from using the card. I used it a lot for holiday shopping and is the only card ill carry a balance on through the new year. Thanks OP for pointing out the new change. 

Message 106 of 141
Joesh
New Contributor

This seems like great news. I just got my Discover More card about 3-4 weeks ago, hopped in on the $200 cash back offer. I still haven't received my $200 cashback yet (first statement hasn't cut) - so maybe I will wait for that to post before calling and upgrading to the IT card.

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 107 of 141
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i am in baby......

>
Message 108 of 141
RonDawg
Contributor

Called and converted 2 days ago, they stated on the phone it would be a full 1% cash back outside 5% cats.  My card will be switched tomorrow. Smiley Happy

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 109 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I just converted. Should get my card after vacation on the 7th in January.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 110 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.