Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Card Credit Line

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Discover It Card Credit Line

I recently signed up for a Discover It card and received a $800 credit line. I then received a Chase Freedom card with a $2000 credit line. I've called Discover 5 times to try to get them to match Chases' offer for me and they won't do it!!! Has anyone else ever had this issue? Should I keep calling until I get the increase? Thanks!

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover It Card Credit Line

I wouldn't bother.  Just use the card wisely, let it age, and you will get automatic CLI's.  Discover's pretty good with that. 

Message 2 of 18
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@Jbb2788 wrote:

I recently signed up for a Discover It card and received a $800 credit line. I then received a Chase Freedom card with a $2000 credit line. I've called Discover 5 times to try to get them to match Chases' offer for me and they won't do it!!! Has anyone else ever had this issue? Should I keep calling until I get the increase? Thanks!

As far as I know, you have to wait at least 90 days to be considered for a credit limit increase with Discover.

Congrats on the approvals.

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 3 of 18
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Jbb2788: Just out of curiousity and if your don't mind sharing, what were your EX and EQ scores when you applied for both and do you have any derog's on your CR?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 18
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@Jbb2788 wrote:

As far as I know, you have to wait at least 90 days to be considered for a credit limit increase with Discover.

How about Chase?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Correct 3 months for Discover

Chase is 6 months 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 18
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

I'm glad to hear they are good with automatic CLI's. I was worried that ment I'd never get one. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 7 of 18
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Low 700's. Not sure EXACTLY what the scores are. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 8 of 18
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Chase gave me a $2000 line. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 9 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover won't cli ya initially.
Consensus is to wait 90 days.
They do auto clis too. This card is slow and steady.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.