Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Card

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It Card

This is all great advice guys so thank you to everyone who weighed in here.

A lot of mixed responses so I guess there's no way of knowing until I pull the app trigger, if I do.

But I have to tell you another card I'm considering is the new U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card. My truck is leased through U.S. Bank so I would qualify to apply and from what I've been reading they're handing out some sweet SLs.

So what do you guys think? Discover vs. U.S. Bank Altitude?

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 11 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Apples V Oranges

Message 12 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Discover pulled EQ for hubby and my mom, EX for me, all 3 in Texas. SL was 2k for hubby (91 day CLI pattern, 500 a pop), 2,500 for mom, 1k for me. Just goes to show that you never know with them.
Message 13 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

My best friend got approved for the IT card with an 18k SL and FICO score listed in the Welcome letter was 686. His highest individual limit was a 1yr old $2500 Citicard which was maxed out at the time of application and an AU on my Venture One card with a $7500 limit.... had a bunch of student loans and paid off auto loans. There was also an unpaid medical collection on file for $155. Go figure.... granted he's been getting the Discover preapproval letters in the mail for a while.

Message 14 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

AG, sliced vs peeled? Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved today for $9,500. My scores range from 695-701 per myfico. I am not sure who they pulled yet. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Hey guys,

So the time is approaching where I'm getting the itch to come out of the garden and app! Last app was for the Barclay World Elite card nearly 1 year ago. I have a $15K limit on that one.

Discover has been sending me weekly invitations to apply for Discover It. I'm guessing I must be pre approved because I never received anything from Discover ever. It's also the one card I was never able to get approved for years ago. Of course, I'm now Uncle Money and my credit profile has drastically changed so I'm guessing I can now get that approval. Smiley LOL

My question is what kind of SL does Discover hand out? I read here they're super generous with increases but what about SL? Anything less than $20K - $25K would not interest me. I'm waiting for balances on my CITI and Barclay cards to report so my utilization drops and my profile is ideal. I'm around 750 FICO right now and once these report with $0 balances my scores should get a bump to 770 or above, according to the simulator.

I'll let the Discover experts weight in.

Thanks,

Uncle Money

I got Discover two weeks ago... 1250 CL.   The same day, I got Cap1 15k and AmEx 10k.  Just keep thinking what to do with it........

Message 17 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

I get a letter a week from discover. Its frickin annoying. I can't even imagine how much money they have wasted sending me all the mail that they have. I don't have anything against discover and I would like to have a card with them but the card isn't worth wasting an app when there are soo many cards with good signups. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.