Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Chrome

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover It Chrome

Then this in theory is the best dining card out there, next to the old citi forward for at the first year.

Message 11 of 18
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

The bj comenity also has 2% cash back on restaurants. Also the Chrome is on the two formats, student and non student.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 12 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Kutuzov wrote:

The bj comenity also has 2% cash back on restaurants. Also the Chrome is on the two formats, student and non student.

well the discover kills it with the double cash back for first year... also the AARP at 3% would beat the BJ's card as well w/regards to eating out and my CSP beats the BJ as well at 2% ur points back that are valued at more than 1cpp if transferred..  Many many other cards as well, just straight back cash card it would be the old Forward and now the Discover for the first year with double cash back at 4%

Message 13 of 18
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Confirmed, Discover will PC your regular it, to a chrome with a phone call. No hassles. Got my cc today called and voila all was done on a call.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

But will they PC a Chrome to a regular IT?

I have Chrome right now. Would prefer IT
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the discover it chrome card in march. The application process was student geared, but there is really nothing student specific about the card necessarily. On my statements and online there is no student destinction that i can see anyway. I could be wrong.

I like it. 2% on gas as a commutting college student is a good deal. 2% at restraunts is also a good deal. They also have a ton of other cashback deals for specifc places that can give even greater bonuses. 

Is the double cash just for people signing up now?

Message 16 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

With the double deal, 4% dining is pretty much impossible to beat assuming you do not have a grandfathered Forward card.

The BJ's Mastercard does offer 2% dining but I basically never take advantage of it as you can only spend the rewards at BJs, no option to cash them out or anything and there's only so much I want to buy there at a given point (especially since their rewards do expire).

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got approved for the discover IT chrome (meant to apply for the regular IT card - oops!).  Explained that to the chat rep and she PCed it right away even though I didn't even have the card yet

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.