cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Graduated Today (Card opened November of 2014 - nearly 6 years secured)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Graduated Today (Card opened November of 2014 - nearly 6 years secured)

I have never missed a payment on this card, never had any missed payments or issues and I am about 6 months out from the last blemish to fall off of my credit report.  Finally, after nearly 6 years holding a secured Discover It, I logged in today and saw an automatic CLI on my account and it appears to have graduated! (Edited: confirmed, I received an email about it, expecting my deposit back in 5-7 business days)

Starting CL: $400

CL today: $1000

I have around $35k or so in open revolving credit all told and keep utilization around 3% to 5% or so reporting.

So for those who feel like they're not making progress somewhere no matter how much better your situation is now than it was when you started, don't give up.  It may take the whole 7 years, but eventually it does get better.

5 REPLIES 5
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Graduated Today (Card opened November of 2014 - nearly 6 years secured)

Congrats on finally graduating!  Talk about sticking it out. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It Graduated Today (Card opened November of 2014 - nearly 6 years secured)

Congratulations on your CLI! Hopefully that means graduation too!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats! Mine just graduated today too Smiley Happy after about 2 years. I don't think I would have lasted 6 years haha.

Message 4 of 6
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

WOW! Super congrats on a super resilient path, graduation, and CLI!

Thank you also for your words of encouragement! Not too many ppl have the patience to wait long term for improvements. Well done! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

AU:

Message 5 of 6
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow congrats! Mine just graduated today too Smiley Happy after about 2 years. I don't think I would have lasted 6 years haha.

Congrats to you too for your graduation!

😏👍🏼

AU:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.