Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It pending long

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It pending long

Is it normal for discover it to take long to process charges. I ordered from Amazon and it's been processing for several days. I wanna pay it down before statement close on the 4th. Anyways it was my first charge on it. And most my other cards usually pend at the most 48 hours. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It pending long

Says 3 days on the mobile app I'm in the same boat wanting to pay before statement hopefully it goes posted tomorrow
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it normal for discover it to take long to process charges. I ordered from Amazon and it's been processing for several days. I wanna pay it down before statement close on the 4th. Anyways it was my first charge on it. And most my other cards usually pend at the most 48 hours. 

Is it good to keep it at 0 balance before the statement close?

I just used my Discover IT this month for like $1500 charge and PIF yesterday. I believe my statement does not close till around the 4th of the month as well.

Message 3 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Disco is slow to post most times in my experience.  However the easy way around this whole buy / pay immediately thing can be handled by just keeping your spend on it under 15-20% and just let it autopay each month.  Disco likes action but, when it comes down to getting more money out of them they just like regular use/payments. Micro managing them doesn't work as well as some other lenders.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is Amazon has held up sending through holds until they get the order and proposed shipping dates setup ... so Discover may be slow but Amazon has held off setting up pending for me.

Message 5 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience is Amazon has held up sending through holds until they get the order and proposed shipping dates setup ... so Discover may be slow but Amazon has held off setting up pending for me.

+1

This has been my experience as well.  Amazon won't submit the actual charge until they ship... after that it should post promptly.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

This has been my experience as well.  Amazon won't submit the actual charge until they ship... after that it should post promptly.  Smiley Wink

lolz, I canceled couple of Amazon orders that were already authorized. Took almost 2 weeks to dissapear from Pending.

Message 7 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

lolz, I canceled couple of Amazon orders that were already authorized. Took almost 2 weeks to dissapear from Pending.

Yeah, I've experienced that as well.  I think the longest I've ever had to wait for one to drop off was eight days, though.

That being said, I've never had a charge to post until the shipment took place... at least on Amazon 'proper' orders.  I've not paid attention to see if Marketplace orders behave any differently; in my case those are generally small so I don't watch them as closely.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. They finally posted today, sat pending for 7 days. So I was able to get it paid. Phew.

It was mentioned above about pif for credit increases. That is not why I wanted to pay it. I try to let no more than 2 cards report a balance. Preferably only one most months.  So if I waited I would have had three post this month. I thought from reading these forums this is the best method. So now I'm wondering am I really stressing over that rule more than I need to?

Message 9 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone. They finally posted today, sat pending for 7 days. So I was able to get it paid. Phew.

It was mentioned above about pif for credit increases. That is not why I wanted to pay it. I try to let no more than 2 cards report a balance. Preferably only one most months.  So if I waited I would have had three post this month. I thought from reading these forums this is the best method. So now I'm wondering am I really stressing over that rule more than I need to?

I'll let others address/debate the value of only allowing two cards to report, but if you want to avoid the hassle of waiting for a charge to post you can simply send a payment via ACH 'push' from your bank's bill pay. 

That way the credit card will simply show a credit balance until the charge posts, and you won't have to babysit things so much.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.