Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It pending long

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It pending long

I wouldn't stress over it too much when it comes to CLI's.  I would be more concerned with the several store cards since it's hard to generate activity on them to get the max points out of them.  Since you're over 700 though you should pester Cap1 to combine those 2 accounts since the secured one is likely to never graduate even though there are a couple of fabled stories around here of getting upgraded to unsecured.

Once that happens you can alternate between Disco and Cap1 each month.  I usually report a balance on 2 cards at this point and in Dec I had my Sam's memebership renew on the card and score dropped maybe 6 points and should get those points back in Jan.  Your score swings might be bigger at this point in your journey but, micro managing everything is a PITA for what you get back.  Now if your were priming your scores for a mortgage or something it might be worthwhile for a month or two but, then again just set a limit of 100-300/mo depending on the card and just autopay it.  

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone. They finally posted today, sat pending for 7 days. So I was able to get it paid. Phew.

It was mentioned above about pif for credit increases. That is not why I wanted to pay it. I try to let no more than 2 cards report a balance. Preferably only one most months.  So if I waited I would have had three post this month. I thought from reading these forums this is the best method. So now I'm wondering am I really stressing over that rule more than I need to?

I'll let others address/debate the value of only allowing two cards to report, but if you want to avoid the hassle of waiting for a charge to post you can simply send a payment via ACH 'push' from your bank's bill pay. 

That way the credit card will simply show a credit balance until the charge posts, and you won't have to babysit things so much.  Smiley Wink

What a great idea. I can not believe I did not think of that. I will def do that from now on.. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

I wouldn't stress over it too much when it comes to CLI's.  I would be more concerned with the several store cards since it's hard to generate activity on them to get the max points out of them.  Since you're over 700 though you should pester Cap1 to combine those 2 accounts since the secured one is likely to never graduate even though there are a couple of fabled stories around here of getting upgraded to unsecured.

Once that happens you can alternate between Disco and Cap1 each month.  I usually report a balance on 2 cards at this point and in Dec I had my Sam's memebership renew on the card and score dropped maybe 6 points and should get those points back in Jan.  Your score swings might be bigger at this point in your journey but, micro managing everything is a PITA for what you get back.  Now if your were priming your scores for a mortgage or something it might be worthwhile for a month or two but, then again just set a limit of 100-300/mo depending on the card and just autopay it.  

Thanks Austinguy. Would they combine my secured card with the qs1? I had been hoping the stories of graduating were true. So much so that I have been trying to use it once a month on coffee or something so it would show use and grad. But I was becoming Suspect of those posts who claimed they had one grad. 

Message 13 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Anything is possible but, I've seen so many disappointed with it not converting over.  I wouldn't count on them doing anything positive with a secured account in the first year of having it.  Seeing that you have a QS1 already would mean you're good enough in their book to have an unsecured card.  I would contact them and see if they'll roll it into the QS card or just cut you a check and move on from it.  You would have more luck with Discover when it comes to their secured card.  They start reviewing for conversion at month 7 and there's been quite a few conversions at month 7 around here lately.  Your scores though certainly look like you would actually be approved for a traditional card though at this point with them as well.  700+ shouldn't be an issue and you have a pretty thin file with just a few cards.  I would run the pre-qual on the site and see what comes up and then back out of it and wait for a mailer even though they should match it's possible the mailer might come back with better terms.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.