Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It pushed out for New Chase Amazon Prime Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It pushed out for New Chase Amazon Prime Card

My Chase Amazon Visa statement cut on the 19th I believe. it showed a combination of 3% and 5% discount on Amazon so it is already working
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

There have been lots of threads here about it.   Or go to the source:

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/rewardscardmember?bypass=1&

Interesting that the application process is through Amazon and that it doesn't direct you to apply through the Chase web site.

Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone answer my question from post number 38? 

Message 43 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One more question about this card.  The thread title suggests that this card hasn't been around for long, but in checking out the credit pulls database for Chase Amazon there is data going back to 2006 on this card?  Was this a different version of the card back then and perhaps a newer version was released recently?  If that's the case, when did the change happen and what's the difference between the "old" and "new" versions of the Chase Amazon if there is such a thing?  I'm trying to determine from the credit pulls database how far I can look back at the data that pertains and is relevant to the current version of the card.

AFAIK the 3/2/1% Amazon card has been around for quite a long time, before 2006 even. The reward structure has not changed in that time.

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The card itself has been around since 2006, but Amazon and Chase made some adjustments this month (January 2017).  For Amazon Prime members, they get unlimited 5% cash back from Amazon purchases.  For Amazon Prime and non-Prime members, the card has no foreign exchange fees and additional travel protection benefits.  Everything else is mostly the same (2% cash back on drug stores/restaurants/gas).  

Message 45 of 48
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The card itself has been around since 2006, but Amazon and Chase made some adjustments this month (January 2017).  For Amazon Prime members, they get unlimited 5% cash back from Amazon purchases.  For Amazon Prime and non-Prime members, the card has no foreign exchange fees and additional travel protection benefits.  Everything else is mostly the same (2% cash back on drug stores/restaurants/gas).  

I got it in 2004, when it was new.   Almost no changes until the month (there was some way of redeeming points for travel that changed slightly I think)

Message 46 of 48
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As I tried to suggest gently, you could easily search this forum, which has been flooded with posts about the card, e.g.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Amazon-Visa-Increases-Rewards-to-5-LIVE/m-p/4832172/highlight/true#M1408821?filter=location&location=forum-board%3Acreditcard&q=chase+amazon

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so it seems the biggest difference is that with the Prime version one receives 5% CB on Amazon purchases as opposed to 3% CB on them with the non-prime (version that's been around since 2004) version?

So rewards wise, that's the only difference.  And, physically, the card looks a little different in that it's black.  Anything else? 

When you apply for the card, assuming you're a Prime member already, are you automatically applying for the Prime version or do you have to in some way specify during the application process?  I appreciate the continued feedback here from everyone.  I had been considering an Amazon card through Synchrony for a while, but I've already got multiple Synchrony accounts and zero Chase accounts, so this seems like a good "in" card with Chase for me.

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.