Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It re-allocation of credit lines

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Discover It re-allocation of credit lines

Hello all,

I was doing the dangerous task of reading myFICO forums and found a post talking about having two discover lines. I checked the pre-approval site and applied for a second Discover It card. I was approved but for a fraction of my current card. The new card has a better APR (13.49) and 0% interest for 14 months plus the cash back double offer for the first year. 

Am I able to re-allocate my credit lines between my two Discover It cards? I have a sizeable unexpected bill coming up that would be perfect for the 0% offer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover It re-allocation of credit lines

Yes you can.. BUT.. you have to be eligible for a CLI.... Pizza1 has a thread on successfully doing this......

*I shoulda bookmarked it*

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/DISCOVER-COMBINED-LIMITS-SUCCESS/td-p/5093628

-J

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As other posted eluded yes it can be done, but a PITA as you gotta be eligable for a CLI whether it is 1 dollar or 1k otherwise you can wait for years if discover doesn't like you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

They also won't let you reallocate until the new TL is at least three months old. (I'm trying to do the same thing right now, and have to wait a few more weeks before they'll allow it.) 

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 4 of 5
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

What do you mean “dangerous task”? We don’t bite.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.