Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It

tag
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Discover It

Just curious as to the opinions on this card, do you have one? Is it worth using? Better or worse than other cards? 

Personally I don't really see any sticking points on the card over anything I currently have, except maybe when they alternate gas on Freedom and It.

I pulled my annual CR and saw this on TU:

Promotional Inquiry

DISCOVER FINCL SVC LLC

Requested On: 
01/03/2013, 12/20/2012, 12/06/2012, 10/18/2012

I keep getting pre-approvals too, is the It card worth getting?

I don't need more cards or anything, but it doesn't hurt to diversify I guess.. I don't think I even hit 1% util right now as it is.

Thanks in Advance!

-Pet

Edit: Ooh, looked on my EQ report and saw this..

PRM-DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES  01/18/13, 01/04/13, 12/20/12, 10/26/12, 10/19/12, 10/12/12, 10/04/12, 09/27/12, 09/21/12, 09/14/12, 09/07/12, 08/31/12, 08/23/12

Seems they've been curious for a while..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It

I have one and use it exculsively for the 5% categories, customer service is amazing and no AF, there is really no downside to this card

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@PetRaccoon wrote:

Just curious as to the opinions on this card, do you have one? Is it worth using? Better or worse than other cards? 

Personally I don't really see any sticking points on the card over anything I currently have, except maybe when they alternate gas on Freedom and It.

I pulled my annual CR and saw this on TU:

Promotional Inquiry

DISCOVER FINCL SVC LLC

Requested On: 
01/03/2013, 12/20/2012, 12/06/2012, 10/18/2012

I keep getting pre-approvals too, is the It card worth getting?

I don't need more cards or anything, but it doesn't hurt to diversify I guess.. I don't think I even hit 1% util right now as it is.

Thanks in Advance!

-Pet

I just received mine a few days ago and I applied for the reward/ cash back features, 0% APR and no AF.  so far I am impressed with their customer service and I  already know I will be taking advantage of their shopdiscover website. 

Im sure others who have had the card longer will chime in with more reasons. 

Message 3 of 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

The shopdiscvoer website really is a benefit, some really good deals on there

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 5
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

It's a great card.  Discover's 5% categories are actually useful, unlike the Citi Dividend.  The last quarter had ALL online shopping eligible for 5% cashback.  Add ShopDsicover to that you could have potentially received up to 25% cashback.

And as everyone has stated, no annual fee, so it doesn't hurt!  Discover has no foreign transaction fee just in case you happen to travel to China (can use Discover on UnionPay network) or Japan (can use Discover on JCB network), Smiley Happy

Also, the card is sexy.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.