cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launch Discover Cash Back Checking® Today!!!!!

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Launch Discover Cash Back Checking® Today!!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Something like Bluebirds from Amex

I signed up for BlueBird, It's going to be a good option for me.

I just closed my BlueBird account last week and I found no use.  Their CSR was average.  Their called center is outsourced to India. 

Ron.

What didn't you like about it?  I'm going to use it to pay some bills every now and then.

It took a while to funds from my checking and their CSR is just average ( it is hard to understand). I like Serve is better. 

Ron.

I'm going to load it with Vanilla reloads.  It's going to be awesome.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 11 of 22
djrez4
Established Contributor

I see nothing about earning interest on the balance of the account.  My accounts earn interest.  The dime back on debit transactions may allay that concern for some people, but for someone who uses credit cards for every transaction, it's useless.

That said, people on FlyerTalk are already talking about doing thousands of penny purchases on eBay.

Message 12 of 22
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

I see nothing about earning interest on the balance of the account.  My accounts earn interest.  The dime back on debit transactions may allay that concern for some people, but for someone who uses credit cards for every transaction, it's useless.

That said, people on FlyerTalk are already talking about doing thousands of penny purchases on eBay.

I hope Discover is smart enough to institute a minimum spend requirement.  Then again, US Bank just gave away half of their quarterly earnings to Cash + customers.

Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Message 13 of 22
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

I just closed my BlueBird account last week and I found no use.  Their CSR was average.  Their called center is outsourced to India. 

Ron.

Until Cvs shuts down buying vanilla reloads with credit cards... This discover thing is paltry compared to Bluebird .. 10 cents per bill pay or swipe??   With a 2% card at pharmacy.. I earn 12 bucks when i pay my mortgage (just over 1000.00 a month)  I have yet had a single payment not go through and not be close within the dates they said it would. Mortgage, electric and two car payments that i could otherwise not pay by credit card. 

Message 14 of 22
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Ron.

Until Cvs shuts down buying vanilla reloads with credit cards... This discover thing is paltry compared to Bluebird .. 10 cents per bill pay or swipe??   With a 2% card at pharmacy.. I earn 12 bucks when i pay my mortgage (just over 1000.00 a month)  I have yet had a single payment not go through and not be close within the dates they said it would. Mortgage, electric and two car payments that i could otherwise not pay by credit card. 

Is CVS losing any money from this?  Why would they shut it down?

Message 15 of 22
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Ron.

@Woolfman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Ron.

Only Cvs knows if they are losing money on them.. Just for an example.. Walgreens used to accept Credit for the reloads and they no longer do. Must be something behind that. But until they do.. I will happily get in my 5k a month spending through Bluebird.

Message 16 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Anyone know when this will be available to the general population?

It will available in 2014

Ron.

Message 17 of 22
eviLution
Established Contributor

Bait in the customers away from BlueBird and nerf it later on. GOAL!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 18 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

It makes sense to only use it for purchases below $5 if you don't have a card that gives you more than 2% in the category.

Capital One gives you 20 cents per purchase so that is a better deal. This account seems alright to milk a few extra dollars a month out of. Depending on the amount of transactions you do, it could be worth it. Doing multiple penny transactions is a most excellent way to get the account closed. People experienced the same with Chase when they did multiple low cent purchases with a Chase Freedom card that had the exclusives program.

Message 19 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

THATS AMAZING. I may consider this!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.