Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Lowers BT Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Lowers BT Rate

PSA: Got this in my email;

Good news! We are excited to let you know about a fee reduction on your Discover® card account.

What is changing

If you take a Balance Transfer, the new maximum Fee has been lowered from 5% to 3% of the amount of each transfer.

New account terms

Beginning May 6, 2016, the following replaces the Balance Transfer Fees section of your Pricing Schedule: 3% of the amount of each transfer.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Lowers BT Rate

@Anonymous wrote:

PSA: Got this in my email;

Good news! We are excited to let you know about a fee reduction on your Discover® card account.

What is changing

If you take a Balance Transfer, the new maximum Fee has been lowered from 5% to 3% of the amount of each transfer.

New account terms

Beginning May 6, 2016, the following replaces the Balance Transfer Fees section of your Pricing Schedule: 3% of the amount of each transfer.

It has always been 3% for me i believe?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

mine is currently 3% but I never paid any attention to it before so don't know if they lowered it or not

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has always been 3% for the 0% APR offer and 0% for the 4.99% APR offer
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.