Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Merge cards

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Discover Merge cards

Does Discover allow merging two cards into one?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Merge cards

From what I understand you can do it, although there are some restrictions. You have to have a CLI offer available on the card you want to move credit over to, or something like that. Someone who's actually done it can confirm, but I know it's not entirely straightforward.

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

From what I understand you can do it, although there are some restrictions. You have to have a CLI offer available on the card you want to move credit over to, or something like that. Someone who's actually done it can confirm, but I know it's not entirely straightforward.

What you said is true.  I have a merged card.  Must have a CLI available on card you want merged to, do not accept CLI call them up and ask to merge they will and then also give you the CLI as well.  If you take the CLI prior the merge won't be able to happen

Message 3 of 7
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

The first person I talked to when calling 1-800-Discover told me that it wasn't possible.  I told them that I'm pretty sure that it is possible, and can you please check with your supervisor?  I was polite about it, and she put me on hold for awhile and came back and told me it was possible but had to transfer me to someone else to do it.  

And yes, you have to have a CLI available.  You can check on the website and if you do have a CLI available, DO NOT ACCEPT IT.  Just hit cancel and then call in to get your limit switched from one card to the other.  If you accept the CLI, you won't be able to do it until the next CLI is available.

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I want this card! Discover MergeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I want this card! Discover MergeSmiley Happy

The new Discover Merge It card. Only available to the highest tier of Discover customer requiring two HP's, two prior Discover accounts, and two hands to operate at the register. Now with 24/7 US based customer support from two representatives at a time. Also included is a licence to kill fees that are now $0.07 on this card.

Now that we have the funny out of the way, yes, Discover does allow combining your accounts. In fact Discover is the nicest of the four networks to merchants while as a bank lending leniently to customers including ones with less than stellar credit. If they can do something within reason they will be happy to. First time I went to the local Chinese restaurant which was family run they guaranteed acceptance of only MasterCard/Visa but were set up for all four. This is obviously after they got railed by AmEx cards so they were resistant to the Discover. When I asked them to try not only did it go through but they never complained about Discover again as they got charged less percentage wise.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, right on @Zerofire😄.I want mine in Ruby Red, so every swipe ( or slice) matches its intended targetSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.