Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More $150 Cash Bonus

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Discover More $150 Cash Bonus

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from Discover that offered me an extra $150 cash back if I put $1,000 in purchases through my More card in October, November, AND December. You have to call them to set it up, and you have to spend $1,000 in each of the three months -- not just $3,000 across the quarter. This is in addition to the normal 0.3-5% cash back on purchases and whatever you get back through Shop Discover.

$150 back on $3,000 in purchases works out to an extra 5% over whatever you're already getting back. I think this is going to be an exciting quarter. I'm not sure if this offer is for every account or is just because I got a CLI that I haven't been taking advantage of (read: $0 statement balance), but the letter actually came with a nice little ledger to try to help you plan in advance how to spend enough.

The rep did tell me that Money Messenger doesn't count toward it, but all regular purchases do.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Discover More $150 Cash Bonus

Thats interesting. Should be awesome for those that usually max out the $1500 limit on %5 cash back each quarter.

I wonder whats in it for Discover though? Maybe just increase Discover cards useage? 

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 7
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

They get more transaction fees, more profit, and pass some of the earnings on to you.

Message 3 of 7
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Swamp, what is the program called, anything special?  I'm thinking I may give Discover a call and see if I can get manually invited...

Message 4 of 7
flowfaster
Established Contributor

OP how much on average do you run through your discover card a month?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 7
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

The last few months I've been running about $1,000/mo through the card and paying it in full before the statement cuts. Not sure if the program has any particular name, but from some quick Googling I can see it is a targeted offer and the amount of cash back and amount of purchases seems to vary (i.e. one person claimed $500 cash back for spending $3,000 in each of the 3 months).

Message 6 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Very interesting, I might give Discover a call about this.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.