Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More App

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Discover More App

Well...  I was so excited by my Blue Cash instant approval that I was feeling invincible and applied for a Discover More card.  I got the standard 30 days message Smiley Sad

I probably should've left well enough alone, but I felt an overwhelming inadequacy due to my 2 CC collection.  I thought 3 would be much better Smiley Happy

Something irritating I noticed...  You can't see the terms and conditions of the discover cashback program until you HAVE the card and login to the account center...  That's kind of stupid in my opinion.

So should I wait this out or give them a call in the next few days?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More App

I'd call them now.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 24
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I'm nervous Smiley Sad  I've never done a recon before.  What exactly do I say?  Just calling to check the status of my application and see where it goes from there?  I'd like to be prepared.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Theres nothing to be nervous about. I did it quite matter-of-factly. I called, said that I would like to know the status of my application and when they said that it had been turned down, I asked to speak to someone that could reconsider my application. I had used the backdoor number and the Credit analyst that I was speaking to said sure, let me have a look...We chatted a bit while she looked at things...then there were a few questions and she the said that she would put it in for approval and 3 days later I had the card.

Really just be nice and friendly, talk to them openly and I dont think you will have a problem.
Message 4 of 24
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Cool.  Does anyone have the Discover More card that can give me some insider info on the rewards program.  On blue cash I have to spend $6500 before I get that nice 5%/1% cashback.  Until then its 1%/0.5%.  Discover has a very similar 5%/1% that I can see from the details they will disclose, but I dont know the fine print.  I know that for the max rewards I have to spend $1500 annually, and I have to "enroll" in categories that I want the bonus 5%.  Does that mean a fee for each category I want to earn 5% on?  Because other than that factor, I see the discover program having much more potential than the AMEX program.

Also, is this number from the backdoor numbers thread the one I should call: Discover: 888-676-3695(Recon)

Or should I call 800-DISCOVER?

Message Edited by thrasher865 on 06-04-2008 06:18 AM

Message 5 of 24
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

888-676-3695(Recon)
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 24
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Cool, thanks for your help.  I wasn't sure if I was calling for a "recon" since I haven't been declined.

Message 7 of 24
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Thrasher..

I love my disc more card.  If it had a higher limit it would be a major player -- right now it's still number two!

For instance, 2nd quarter rewards -- earn 5% back on up to 400 in purchases.  I think the 3rd quarter rewards have the same 400 cap.  No fee.  Twenty bucks for using the card for three months?  Not bad.

I've had the card since Feb and have put about 2.5k through it.  I have roughly 50 bucks sitting in cashback at the moment.  I can't decide how to spend it.  There are several sites (shopping thru the Disc site) where you can turn 40 bucks into 50. 

Good luck with the recon!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the same card 3 days ago and was given the same message...wait 30 days!!! When I saw this thread, it encouraged me to call the recon line and challenge them!!! Guess what...I was approved instantly. The analyst told me that my first app was denied due to a fraud alert on my credit report. I answered a few questions that verified my identity and was approved for 3.9 apr until Jan 09!!!! Yay!!! I'm super excited. Thanks for starting this thread!!!
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Which credit bureau does Discover normally pull from ? I'm thinking of applying with them in the near future.

Thanks

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.