Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI....denied :-(

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Discover More CLI....denied :-(

My sixth statement cut a few days ago so I decided to give it a shot.  Called in and was denied. Smiley Sad  CSR gave no reason, but said I would receive a letter in the mail.  I did some research on here before calling in and couldnt really see a consistent reason Disover approves or denied, so that's why I gave it a shot. Guess I'll just see what the "letter" says.  This gives me flash backs to the days where I had bad credit and  heard denied all the time for stuff....it's fustrating being denied when you are doing things right. Smiley Sad

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI....denied :-(

What was your util and how did you use your card?

I am assuming it was a HP. They seem weird with increases as I have not received an increase in 1 year 5 months of use.

Maybe you can wait for the "letter" and call for recon.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 12
thrillege
Valued Member

Do they hard pull?

Message 3 of 12
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@thrillege wrote:

Do they hard pull?

They will tell you if they want to HP before they do. Small increases are typically a SP.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 12
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

I was told it was a soft pull. Also, my overall utl is at about 20%, I use the card a lot and have always either paid in full or paid a huge chunk of the balance. Never late and perfect payment history across all accounts.

Is there other things they look at when deciding on cli's? If they look at inquiries, then that may be a reason since I have alot of them that aren't that old.
Slowly building....
Message 5 of 12
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I've never gotten a request for a CLI approved by Discover, however, in the past 6 months they decided to give me two auto CLIs (I've been with Discover for 2 years).

Message 6 of 12
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

OP: Do you already have a high limit? Some issuers may deny because they think you have enough credit. Other that that, based on your post, I can't imagine why they would deny you. Good Luck!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 7 of 12
sgs10
Regular Contributor

+1

Message 8 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Sorry about your decline Smiley Sad

If it's an auto like most other companies it's a HP

Discover is very conservative though. They don't want to push me past $13.5K

Message 9 of 12
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@SpiceIslander wrote:

OP: Do you already have a high limit? Some issuers may deny because they think you have enough credit. Other that that, based on your post, I can't imagine why they would deny you. Good Luck!

Hi! Sorry I am just seeing this......No, I do not have what I would consider to be a high limit. It's only $1,500.  Which is okay for a start...but not to park and live there...LOL! So I was atleast hoping to get an auto CLI of at least $500 to bring me to $2,000.  Oh well..one day...lol! 

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.