Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI question

tag
tburns
Regular Contributor

Discover More CLI question

Hello,

In May I was approved for Discover More card with a small limit ($750). At the time I wasn't too upset since it was one of my first prime cards, other being Chase freedom @1k the same month.

Since then Chase gave me an auto CLI of $300 and my Wal-mart card gave me another 500 CLI (both also opened in may '11) So now Discover is my lowest CL other then BBRZ.

The online CLI link always said 'Unable to process" so last Friday I tried with online chat, but got to the point where they asked to hard pull my report. Since it was EX and I already have 7 INQ's there I didn't accept and canceled the request. I tried the phone method and hung up after 'please hold for rep'

However now when I try the online link for CLI I get 'We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete.".

Does that mean my online or phone requests weren't canceled and are just in limbo right now? It's been a week and I don't think I was getting the error about current one being complete till a few days ago.

I closed my secured Cap 1 card last Friday and was trying to a CLI on discover to make up for the $300 credit I would lose on my overall but that didn't happen. I don't want another INQ till next summer when I try for PENFED. I want about a year since my last pull when I do that.

Has anyone ever had that message and how long did it last?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More CLI question

@tburns wrote:

Hello,

@ In May I was approved for Discover More card with a small limit ($750). At the time I wasn't too upset since it was one of my first prime cards, other being Chase freedom @1k the same month.

Since then Chase gave me an auto CLI of $300 and my Wal-mart card gave me another 500 CLI (both also opened in may '11) So now Discover is my lowest CL other then BBRZ.

The online CLI link always said 'Unable to process" so last Friday I tried with online chat, but got to the point where they asked to hard pull my report. Since it was EX and I already have 7 INQ's there I didn't accept and canceled the request. I tried the phone method and hung up after 'please hold for rep'

However now when I try the online link for CLI I get 'We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete.".

Does that mean my online or phone requests weren't canceled and are just in limbo right now? It's been a week and I don't think I was getting the error about current one being complete till a few days ago.

I closed my secured Cap 1 card last Friday and was trying to a CLI on discover to make up for the $300 credit I would lose on my overall but that didn't happen. I don't want another INQ till next summer when I try for PENFED. I want about a year since my last pull when I do that.

Has anyone ever had that message and how long did it last?

It's been canceled, that message should go away in a few days. I did an online request for a CLI and cancelled when they asked for a hard. I hit the CLI button again a few days later just out of curiousity and got the same message you got, I called and spoke to a rep who said I see you requested a CLI but cancelled, she said she was not sure why I was getting that message, but it should go away in a few days.

Message 2 of 5
learnin113
Established Contributor

If you use the phone touch tone method (no rep), its a soft.  I did it twice and got letters in the mail stating it will not affect my credit score.

Message 3 of 5
Shiu
Valued Member

I applied for a CLI over the phone about 2 weeks ago and I still have the 'We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete." message when I check online. 

Message 4 of 5
tburns
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. Guess I don't have to worry about a HP on my report just happening in case those requests were still ongoing.

I admit I was tempted to just let them do a HP but I want to app for PENFED next summer along with AMEX and have no hards on my report for around a year at the time. I wish they would just pull EQ Smiley Happy

I guess I'll just hope for a Auto CLI but from all my reading Discover  can sometimes not grow with you till you give in for a Hard pull.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.