Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI's

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI's

@CruzImperial wrote:

Discover hates me and I hate them, so no hard feeling at all. Acc has been opened since March 2011, no lates, no over the limit, always trying to PIF, topping the card and paying it down, nothing has worked. I´m stuck at 1k initial CL. Everytime I try to get a CLI, the system wants a HP. Wonder if the student status has something to do with this.

Consumer requested cli often get hard pull.  Sometimes soft pull but I find they always warn you might be hard.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 21 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

Discover hates me and I hate them, so no hard feeling at all. Acc has been opened since March 2011, no lates, no over the limit, always trying to PIF, topping the card and paying it down, nothing has worked. I´m stuck at 1k initial CL. Everytime I try to get a CLI, the system wants a HP. Wonder if the student status has something to do with this.

That may have something to do with it Cruz.....

Slowly building....
Message 22 of 30
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

That may have something to do with it Cruz.....

Cruz this was my exact experience with discover.1k starting cl on a student more. After about 15 months of having the card and 5 of running around 500 through it and pif,  I decided to call into the automated system for a CLI. Automated system denied me so I spoke to a rep who told me that if I wanted a CLI it would be a hard. I took it which got me to 2500.  I got an auto cli to 3250 about a month after the card converted to a regular more. YMMV but it seems they do not grant auto or sp cli's on their student cards

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 23 of 30
remarc
Regular Contributor

Back in December I was shocked and super happy to get discover. It was my major jump up from Capitol one! I only got a $1000 limit. I called and spoke to many nice CSR who said the card would grow with me as long as I used it & always paid off what I owed or PIF. I've put about $5000 through the card in nearly 6 months & always PIF except this last month where I left a small balance. I called and spoke to a CSR about auto CLI. the guy told me that my account was not eligible for a auto increase for 18 months!! I could apply for one at 6 months! I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I have a BT offer for the card & a balsnce on my Chase that if they don't give me a CLI I'm planning on moving over & socking the card! I feel like its citi all over again. I put through 90% of my citi card every month & always PIF. They wouldn't even give me a $100 increase & on top did a hard pull! The thing that frustrates me the most is I see people with BK, judgments & lates getting higher limits & lots of CLI as where my report is perfect , 5 years & I'm stuck at $1500 as my highest card & I use my credit cards for EVEYTHING!
Message 24 of 30
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@spengbab wrote:

At my 3 month mark Discover bumped my limit from $2000 to $2500. I was paying them like $450 a month lol. So they must have figured I could handle a little higher limit Smiley Tongue

I've been paying them chunks like that as well so hopefully that will count for me too! Smiley Happy  I love this card and use it often.

My account has been open for three months, and I logged on today and found that they increased my CL from $3000 to $3500.  I have a current balance of $975, but have made a couple of $200-$300 payments.  I plan to pay it off by the end of September and then SD it - we'll see what happens in early December when I ask for a CLI after six months. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 25 of 30
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

@Anonymous not take it? I was in the same boat 2 months ago, and I took a HP to go from $1000 to $1500, then called back to recon and went to $4500 the same day. They're offering good BT offers right now (0% for 18 mo @ 3% fee, or 2.99% for 18 mo @ no fee), so I just told them I wanted to consolidate all my credit debt onto their card and they were happy to oblige.

The only question the credit analyst had for me was why I went from paying the minimum payment on a maxed-out card every month to suddenly paying it in full and not using it anymore. I kindly explained to her that it was one of my lowest-interest cards and I was paying off some of the others first. Ended up doing a BT to my Freedom instead, but I still use the More card for ShopDiscover.

Message 26 of 30
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Woo!  I have had my card since December.  I called the automated system today and requested a CLI of $1500 and was granted it.  Bumped me from $1000 to $2500.  I kinda wish I had asked for more now!  When do I have to wait until to request another?

Message 27 of 30
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Heh.  They did not automatically bump mine.  Started with a $1000 CL (EQ HP), was putting about $3000 a month through the card (making payments about every 4-5 days).

After 6 months they did a TU HP, gave me a $4000 CL.

Once I get to 1 year (January 5), I'm going to try the automated system, see if i cant get closer to $9K.

Message 28 of 30
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Opened my card in January with $1,000 CL, after 6 months of $3,000 per month spending (1-2 payments per week), they upped me to $4,000.

Update, after reading this, with scores in mid to high 600's, 90% utilization on both sears cards (just bought appliances for house), and 2 old collections and some really old late payments, I asked them for a soft-pull inquiry CLI.

They said they would have to hard pull, i agreed, they asked me to call in.

Called in, answered some questions.  Got raised to my requested amount of $7,500.

Also had $3,500 balance out of $4,000 CL at the time.

I think they highly value customers that get them transaction feels; more buying power more transaction feels.  So buy EVERYTHING, utilities, gas, groceries, all your usual expenses, and then just pay it off every month in lieu of using your debit card.

Message 29 of 30
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@Comp5569 wrote:

Woo!  I have had my card since December.  I called the automated system today and requested a CLI of $1500 and was granted it.  Bumped me from $1000 to $2500.  I kinda wish I had asked for more now!  When do I have to wait until to request another?

6 Months

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.