Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what Whirled did (congrats, btw!) but I just called the number on back of card.

To the person that asked, Discover is rather stingy with CL's. Pretty conservative, but great customer service. So long as you don't count the gagillion times I was called and harassed about their credit monitoring service and the likes. 

is there any way to opt out from receiving marketing pitches from Discover? how about during the application process? But maybe this would hurt your chances of receiving the card.
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking about applying for another credit card for a balance transfer.  I was thinking about trying with Discover but I don't know what the score needs to be and what credit bureau they usually check with.  Anyone have any ideas.  I am trying to get some information before I apply.  Any help will be appreciated.
Message 32 of 35
mphan
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am thinking about applying for another credit card for a balance transfer.  I was thinking about trying with Discover but I don't know what the score needs to be and what credit bureau they usually check with.  Anyone have any ideas.  I am trying to get some information before I apply.  Any help will be appreciated.

Depends on which state, they pull TU on most. Score around 680 is good enough. YMMV.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
is there any way to opt out from receiving marketing pitches from Discover?

Yes. When they disturb your dinner in order to tell you about their wonderful credit monitoring service, just tell them that they should put your name on their internal "do not call" list. I did so, and that was the last marketing call I ever got.

Regarding CLI, I never asked for one and never got one. I hardly use the card, though.

Message Edited by Ulan on 03-24-2009 08:14 PM
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am living in Florida now and I am not sure I am going to use Discover just wondering about it.  I am thinking of going to talk to the Suncoast Credit Union here as I have an account with them and see if I can just transfer my balances from my other credit cards and just make one payment every month which might be better.  I am trying to get the balances down and looking for a job but that is not happening.  I have retirement income and I think I can do it as long as we cut down expenses on things we don't need.  I had a 668 with Equifax which just dropped to 645 because of one of my credit cards being close to the limit, 678 with TU and Experian last time I was able to check it was 640.  On the Experian site though it is a 693 but I know that is a FAKO score.  I am just trying to do the best thing for me right now.  Any information anyone can give me would be appreciated.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.