Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Discover More CLI

Discover just bumped my CL from $1350 to $1700.  I've had the card for six months and in that time they've raised my CL by $350 twice.  I use the card consistently for the 5% categories and I use it exclusively for several days at the end of the month when my BoA Cash Rewards card statement cuts, so I guess Discover likes what they are seeing. :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI

Glad to hear.  I'm hoping for some type of auto increase on my Discover More card soon, but I'm not anticipating anything before May or June.  Since you said you have only had the card for six months, when did you receive your first increase?  I'm amazed that Discover would increase you before the six month mark.

Message 2 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

Glad to hear.  I'm hoping for some type of auto increase on my Discover More card soon, but I'm not anticipating anything before May or June.  Since you said you have only had the card for six months, when did you receive your first increase?  I'm amazed that Discover would increase you before the six month mark.

good question

Message 3 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

They started me off with a CL of $1000 and then increased it to $1350 at three months.  Now, at six months, they increased it to $1700.  Due to my credit score, they started me off on their lower tier with 3.9% APR for six months and then increasing to 20.99%.  Hopefully, I'll be able to move to a better APR as my credit score continues to improve, although the interest doesn't really matter since I always PIF.

Message 4 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@jasimae wrote:

They started me off with a CL of $1000 and then increased it to $1350 at three months.  Now, at six months, they increased it to $1700.  Due to my credit score, they started me off on their lower tier with 3.9% APR for six months and then increasing to 20.99%.  Hopefully, I'll be able to move to a better APR as my credit score continues to improve, although the interest doesn't really matter since I always PIF.

how did ur TU score go down from stating score?

Message 5 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

@jasimae wrote:

My scores went up since I apped, but instead of giving me 0% for 12 months and then 14.99% or whatever afterward, they offered me 3.9% for six months and 20.99% afterward because my scores aren't in the 700s yet.

Message 6 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

@jasimae wrote:

My scores went up since I apped, but instead of giving me 0% for 12 months and then 14.99% or whatever afterward, they offered me 3.9% for six months and 20.99% afterward because my scores aren't in the 700s yet.

sorry,, im so blind

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Discover just bumped my CL from $1350 to $1700.  I've had the card for six months and in that time they've raised my CL by $350 twice.  I use the card consistently for the 5% categories and I use it exclusively for several days at the end of the month when my BoA Cash Rewards card statement cuts, so I guess Discover likes what they are seeing. :-)

Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm banking on auto CLI for my Discover More on the 6 months mark. I put all my gas on it + now my cable Bill then pif before the statement.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.