Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Student CLI

tag
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Discover More Student CLI

So I had the card for a year now. Started with $500 and the only increase I got is $350 that I had to request and it cost me a hard inquiry.

I called and spoke with a supervisor who said there is no difference between the student and the regular More card except for the credit limit. The lowest limit on the regular More is $1000 and once you've passed that limit you basically have a regular Discover More card.

I've been using the automatic menu option to request CLIs every once in a while but it directs me to a CSR and I just hang up because I don't wanna hear the same babble over and over. And apparantly they can see those requests on my account.

I don't understand why I am not getting CLIs when my friends with the same CH have $4000 limits. Discover More is no more. It's moving to its new home in my sockdrawer until they show some appreciation.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More Student CLI

Discover is so weird like that. Its crazy. I have had their card for 14 months - stuck at 2K - ALWAYS PIF. It is actually set up that way where it gets PIF every month but again no CLI! It is sooo weird. My TU is like 757 and uti is like 7% but nope - no CLI. I had SD'd them for the last couple months but took it out againt his month for the 5% on restaurants...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two years ago I applied for the regular Discover More and used the card for small purchases always PIF because of the high APR (17.24%) and low limit (2k). Nothing after a year. So I decided to start charging heavy and now they automatically increase $250 every six months.

Message 3 of 5
ferrari
Regular Contributor

My APR is 14.99% which is not that bad but not great either. I was almost maxing out the card every month but still nothing. I also redeemed a $50 cashback. Some users reported getting auto CLIs after doing that but that didn't work either. 1 year anniversary passed also nothing.

No more business from me. I already changed all my recurrent bills to be paid by other cards.

Message 4 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Don't be so quick to SD your Discover cards; they do reward for heavy usage. My card started at $5490 and 2 years later it is at $9890.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.