Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More- Telephone CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More- Telephone CLI

My card celebrated another bday (2 yrs) and so I called in for the telephone luv button.   Asked for a 30% CLI (I've asked for as much as 100% previously) and didn't receive an auto increase over the phone like I have had every 6 months since it opened.   CL is well under 10k and all my other cards are now 10k or more.  I was then forwarded to a CSR who told me they are now doing hard inquiries for CLI requests (to which I declined in order not to burn an inquiry).   CSR said it would happen no matter if I had asked for 500 or 10000 as a CLI request.  Anybody else running into this?  Or does the luv just stop after the 1 yr anniversary.  My 1.5yr CLI was the lowest I've received and 2yr was denied without hard inquiry.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More- Telephone CLI

I was told last time that Discover now only increases 2K max for each time you request.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More- Telephone CLI

Discover is tight. After one year of membership I called and they denied me a 1K increase. I haven't asked since but they have automatically increased my limit twice by $250 each.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.