Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More ---->Discover It

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Discover More ---->Discover It

Did a PC from Discover More to Discover It today, and "discovered" a feature/benefit that I've not seen mentioned here.

In addition to getting new cards for me and my authorized users, the account rep I spoke with said that the account number stays the same,

the rewards points stay the same, everything stays the same, just added features of the "It" card.  And NO credit pull whatsoever! 

Now, the neat thing is, my kids like their retro look Cassette tape Discover cards, and they can continue to use them!  Or they can choose to

use the new Discover It card.  In essence each of us will have 2 cards to use, the current More card if we want, or the new Discover It card! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More ---->Discover It

That's odd. After I PC'd to the IT, I recieved a letter in the mail from Discover telling me to destroy my current More card once the IT arrives, as my More card will no longer work. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 2 of 10
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

That's odd. After I PC'd to the IT, I recieved a letter in the mail from Discover telling me to destroy my current More card once the IT arrives, as my More card will no longer work. 

Same here

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 10
compassion101
Established Contributor

What benefits does the it have over the more?

Message 4 of 10
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Im so bummed out they don't have the cassette design anymore. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 5 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

That is odd, and is actualy what I expected when I called in, but the CSR was rather emphatic about that, and brought it up as a benefit of the It Card.  She was actually reading off a prepared script, and told me as much that she had a script to read to me about the benefits.   Perhaps I should send them a follow up email to confirm this. 

Message 6 of 10
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

The first time you pay late you will not be charged a late payment fee. Also, apr would not be affected in the case of first late. Live us based customer service when you call in, no automated system. Only other thing is that you can pay by phone up until midnight on the due date.

Other than that it's not very different than the more. I do like the it card design though.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 7 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

No ForEx fee, No over limit fee, paying late won't increase APR, rewards at More transfer over to It, as well as the usual Discover benefits for customer service.

Message 8 of 10
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

No ForEx fee, No over limit fee, paying late won't increase APR, rewards at More transfer over to It, as well as the usual Discover benefits for customer service.

All discover cards are no forex. However, the rest are added benefits of the it.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 9 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Got a clarification from Discover today via email. 

My kids can continue to use their retro cassette tape Discover More cards until the expiration date of the card, which is in 2016.  At that time, they will need to switch over to the Discover It card.  So it seems that, at least for a while, we can continue using the cards. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.