cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - NO CLI - Sign of the times ?

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover - NO CLI - Sign of the times ?

PlasticGuy, could you please clarify something?

1 Today your Discover CL is 16K

2. On 10/21 yor Discover CL is 17.5K http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=122932#M122932

3. On 11/02 your Discover CL is 15K http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=125471#M125471

What is your Discover CL?

TIA.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol
Message 12 of 23
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I opened my acct in Dec 07.  It started with a 8K limit and then I got a 2.4K CLI at my 6 mo mark.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 6 months will be this Dec.  Was your CLI there right after your statement cut?
Message Edited by turbowrx on 11-07-2008 10:20 AM
Message 14 of 23
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

It showed when my 6 mo statement was cut.  It caught me by suprise!

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rubaty wrote:

Ohhh, nice. Gives me home for my 6th statement, I'm only at 4!  I'm not asking them for anything though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the freebie.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Discover CL is roughly half of what my next lowest CL is. Admittedly, my scores are low, but it's a bit odd that my BoA card has a CL 4 times higher than my Discover card. If it weren't for the rewards I get on gas, I would put the card in the sock drawer.

LOL, I have the opposite situation.

I've had BOA since 2002. current CL is $800.

My Discover Card's CL is over 5x higher.

Message 17 of 23
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't get an increase at the 6 mo mark, but at the 7 mo mark I took the hard inq and the short 'app' for a CLI from 1.1k to 3.5k.  I also got them to drop the APR for 6mo to 1.9, compared to the normal APR of 15.99.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@rubaty wrote:

Ohhh, nice. Gives me home for my 6th statement, I'm only at 4!  I'm not asking them for anything though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the freebie.
I'll be crossing my fingers too! I've only had my card for (**counting on crossed fingers**) two months, so I've got quite some finger-crossing to do. Still, the initial CL they gave me ($4900) was much more than I was expecting, what with them being Discover and all, so I'm pretty happy with it just how it is right now!  

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Discover More for about, oh, 90 minutes or so, and my cl is HALF of my Chase Visa. I got the pre-aqpproved letter (with reference number, 0% until 2010, 5-20% cash back, bla bla) and thought 'what the heck'. I'm not happy with the limit, and I asked her if she could sweeten it a tad and get it at least close to 10k. I guess the 7 other new accounts in the past month kinda put the kabosh on that. I was also told I'd be much happier in 6 months, that's when I should look for a super cli. FYI, the woman at cs said they were being VERY careful about credit limts now, but not so much about opening a new account.

Now I'm REALLY REALLY done applying for more cards!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.