Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover New Rule

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover New Rule

I got the letter today and it said the reason for thge denial is the time your account has been open. Hmmm, I'm not sure if they updated their SP system for 90 days CLI.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 21 of 28
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

My account has been open for exactly 91 days.  I started out with a $1,000 credit limit.  After reading this post, I contacted customer service and was given a whopping $5,000.00 CLI.  Unfortunately, the CSR had to do a hard pull as he suggested that the soft pull did not provide enough details about a questionable account.  Indubitably, I think the HP is worth a $5,000.00 CLI! 

Effective today, no more new apps for me!  As of today, I have managed to do the following--

• $5,000.00 CLI from Discover
  • PC Citi Diamond Preferred ($7,800) to a Citi Thank You Preferred (NPSL)
  • PC BOA AMEX Accelerated Rewards to a BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Message 22 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

My account has been open for exactly 91 days.  I started out with a $1,000 credit limit.  After reading this post, I contacted customer service and was given a whopping $5,000.00 CLI.  Unfortunately, the CSR had to do a hard pull as he suggested that the soft pull did not provide enough details about a questionable account.  Indubitably, I think the HP is worth a $5,000.00 CLI! 

Effective today, no more new apps for me!  As of today, I have managed to do the following--

WOW... you got a nice guy!

Message 23 of 28
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

WOW... you got a nice guy!

Yes.  And too, I made sure that I pointed out to the guy that despite only having a $1,000 CL, I have managed to pay a total of +$1,700.  I travel a lot and I typically remit a payment within days after a transaction posts to my account.  I do this to keep the utilization low.  

Message 24 of 28
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I went from 2k to 5K today with my Discover IT on a SP.

Here is how I did it:

Called the backdoor number from the Sticky here on MyFICO.

Told the lady who answered the situation and what I wanted.

She told me she only deals with New application reconsiderations but would transfer me to the appropriate Credit Analyst.

After maybe one minute on hold, she came back on and introduced me to Allen, a credit analyst for Discover IT.

I proceeded to tell Allen what I wanted and that I did not want a HP.

He verified all the usual and then said "Okay let me see what I can do."

Back on hold for another minute or two.

Allen came back on and said that at this time the best they could do without a HP would be to approve a CLI from my 2K to 5K and would that be acceptable.

I said it was, we exchanged pleasantries and that was it.

I can confirm via these conversations that they have indeed changed the CLI rule from 6 months to 90 days.  It appears to be an every 90 day thing now.

Hope that helps.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 25 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

So I guess Discover likes to waste more paper for denial reasons now. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 28
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Does Dicover IT pull Equifax?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 27 of 28
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@slab - the CSR informed me that he would be pulling TransUnion.  I am not certain if it differs by state, but I reside in IL.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.