Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Now Offers Double cashback Rewards for the Holidays

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Discover Now Offers Double cashback Rewards for the Holidays

Earn DOUBLE Cashback Bonus on up to $1,000 in holiday purchases at department stores, clothing stores, shoe stores, jewelry stores or any
online shopping with your Discover More card from November 15th thru Dec 31

You have to signed up in order to get it
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Now Offers Double cashback Rewards for the Holidays

Full details are important:

"Earn 2% Cashback Bonus on purchases made on Internet and department, clothing, shoe and jewelry store purchases from 11/15/09 (or the date on which you sign up, whichever is later) through 12/31/09, subject to a cap of $1,000 in purchases. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/09. Department stores are defined as retail establishments selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Clothing, shoe and jewelry stores are defined as stand-alone men's, women's and children's retailers primarily selling clothing, shoes or jewelry. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Purchases earning 2% Cashback Bonus will not count toward your total annual purchases to determine your tier level. Allow up to 5 weeks for this reward to be added to your Cashback Bonus account. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details."

Message 2 of 7
plasticguy
Established Contributor

No one's perfect. Full details are at the website........................
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I read through the terms when I first saw it when I logged in. It appears it applies to any and all internet purchases. I guess it's time to make the rounds on ebay! :smileywink:
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
I read through the terms when I first saw it when I logged in. It appears it applies to any and all internet purchases. I guess it's time to make the rounds on ebay! :smileywink:

I wonder how many errors there will be on that one. Are they really smart enough to know the difference between Best Buy in store, Best Buy pure web and Best Buy web ordered, but picked up in store? Usually the computer's determination is final in these matters...
Message 5 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I wonder how many errors there will be on that one. Are they really smart enough to know the difference between Best Buy in store, Best Buy pure web and Best Buy web ordered, but picked up in store? Usually the computer's determination is final in these matters...Best

Best Buy is 5% cash back if you purchase through ShopDiscover.com. I normally do that, and select in store pickup.
Interestingly enough, purchases from the BestBuy.com and in store show up differently on the statement. The online shows up as BESTBUYCOM or something similar to that. 
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They probably have different coding then.

That wasn't really the point. The point is whether or not all operations that are not ShopDiscover vendors and have both a web and retail presence have different codes. If they don't there could be massive issues when the rewards are doled out.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.