cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - One in a million!

tag
csmith1591

Discover - One in a million!

As a Newbie, I was actively reading everyone's posts and absorbing all of the information like a sponge. 

I have two Capital One cards - one which I've had since 2008 and another since 2010 that I applied for a CLI last week for and was denied on BOTH cards...so I'm still stuck with a lonely $500 CL on both. 

I have one another CU credit card for $1,000 and all have no balances on them as of currently. Have a $2,100 BillMeLater Account (which I love) that has about a $1,500 balance on it that I plan on paying down by the middle of June. 

Am in dyer need of some actual credit to add to my profile and was hesistant to apply anywhere since my denial from CapitalOne (which now why I see is called CrapitalOne) but learned that it wasn't my credit that was the problem, they stated it was "no applicable for the cards I have".

LONG STORY SHORT! Just applied for a Discover card - hoping for the worse and to my luck, was APPROVED! Called to see what my credit limit is and it's $6,000!!

Ecstatic to have this backbone now to help my in-need-of-repair scores! 

Just wanted to say thanks for any and all threads I read that said just go for it!

Current/ GOAL:
EX: 681(lender pull) / 700
EQ: 677 / 700+
TU: 604 / 670+
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover - One in a million!

Congrats on the discover I just sent you a PM let discover report to CR and then hit up CAP1 for a CLI

@csmith1591 wrote:

As a Newbie, I was actively reading everyone's posts and absorbing all of the information like a sponge. 

I have two Capital One cards - one which I've had since 2008 and another since 2010 that I applied for a CLI last week for and was denied on BOTH cards...so I'm still stuck with a lonely $500 CL on both. 

I have one another CU credit card for $1,000 and all have no balances on them as of currently. Have a $2,100 BillMeLater Account (which I love) that has about a $1,500 balance on it that I plan on paying down by the middle of June. 

Am in dyer need of some actual credit to add to my profile and was hesistant to apply anywhere since my denial from CapitalOne (which now why I see is called CrapitalOne) but learned that it wasn't my credit that was the problem, they stated it was "no applicable for the cards I have".

LONG STORY SHORT! Just applied for a Discover card - hoping for the worse and to my luck, was APPROVED! Called to see what my credit limit is and it's $6,000!!

Just wanted to say thanks for any and all threads I read that said just go for it!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the boards and yes Discover is awesome. Congrats!

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Nice CL!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Awesome CL! Welcome to the forum.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

First...Welcome to the forums!

Congrats on the Discover IT and that nice CL!  

That is awesome considering your other limits.  And I would contact the EO and Crap1 to get those limits up.  There are many posts on here about who and where to send the request (I believe its by email).

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 14
csmith1591

Thanks everyone! Definitely made my day that much brighter! 

Really puts some light on bringing my scores up! 

Current/ GOAL:
EX: 681(lender pull) / 700
EQ: 677 / 700+
TU: 604 / 670+
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Congrats.
Message 9 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@csmith1591 wrote:

Congrats on the discover! 

You should try to contact the Executive Office to recon your CLI denial

Also, consider getting an Amex for future backdating purposes

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.