Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-screen Fail -- They can't find me

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Discover Pre-screen Fail -- They can't find me

I've been hoping to get a Discover It card, but when I visit their soft-pull pre-screen page, I always get the "we can't find you" message.

I have lived at this address for 11 years. I have no "freeze" on my credit. The only thing I could think of was that I *might* have opted-out for pre-screened offers, so I went to that website and opted back in across the board.

Am I missing anything?

nope.gif

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-screen Fail -- They can't find me

If you were opted out and you opt back in...it takes a while for this to take affect. When I opted out initially, I got prescreen offers for 3 months after the request before I stopped getting them. YMMV. Just because you aren't pre-approved, doesn't mean you don't quality for the card. Being preapproved does not guarantee offers either. Subject to credit approval Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 15
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I get the same thing. I think the key passage is "we can't find you in OUR records." I've never been opted out, had CRs frozen, etc. I get Comenity popups all the time. I just figured I'm not in their records for preapproval since I don't meet their criteria.
Message 3 of 15
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should give the Duck card a shot. I really like the IT card's tie-in that lets you spend your cashback at Amazon.com though.

The Duck card would probably be better anyway, as it's my understanding it always pulls Equifax, which is my best score.

I'm looking for my first cashback card that I can use for most of my monthly expenses then pay off in one fell swoop at EOM.

Message 4 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

What's your credit profile like? Open accounts? AAoAs? Do you have a Chase Freedom card? Based on your scores only, I think you would qualify. Given you don't have any baddies and you have at least one year of history on file Smiley Happy In my opinion, Freedom is the best cash back card to date.

Message 5 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

What's your credit profile like? Open accounts? AAoAs? Do you have a Chase Freedom card? Based on your scores only, I think you would qualify. Given you don't have any baddies and you have at least one year of history on file Smiley Happy In my opinion, Freedom is the best cash back card to date.

I actually have started to like my discover it an lot because of shop discover if you shop online an lot you can get dome pretty good deals 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 15
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Equifax

AAOC = 7 years

Inquiries = 0

Lates = One 30 day late, 6 years 9 months ago

Utilization = 1% (sometimes less, never more)

Revolving accounts = 11

Installment accounts = 8

I have a baddie that shows up on TU and EX, but it should go away in six months or so. That's why I'm determined to stick with entities that just check Equifax at the moment.

Message 7 of 15
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I should mention a few things:

• I hope to get a 0% interest car loan in the next year
  • I have no "large CL" cards -- My highest CL is a $2K CapitalOne card
  • I've gone about three years with no apps, so I am choosing VERY carefully

Message 8 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@gamegrrl wrote:

Equifax

AAOC = 7 years

Inquiries = 0

Lates = One 30 day late, 6 years 9 months ago

Utilization = 1% (sometimes less, never more)

Revolving accounts = 11

Installment accounts = 8

I have a baddie that shows up on TU and EX, but it should go away in six months or so. That's why I'm determined to stick with entities that just check Equifax at the moment.

Chase primarily checks Experian.

Message 9 of 15
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

I already have a Discover credit card and yet, when I placed my name/address into the same Discover "pre-approval" search, it told me that Discover could NOT find me in their system, hence no recommendations!  Go figure . . .

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.