Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Product Changes?

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Discover Product Changes?

Does Discover allow product changes between their different cards, i.e. will they change your account from a More account to an Open Road account?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Product Changes?

Super easy. You can keep the same card. Just call, and it will be automatically switched when your next cycle starts.
Message 2 of 5
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I have called in for a product change, ordered 3 new cards (For the cool pictures, not because they were lost or stolen) and contested a charge (I accidentally signed up for Discover's Identity Monitoring and thought it was a 30-day trial. Even though it was my fault, they credited my account and gave me a free Experian report and score!!!).

Completely hassle-free.

I can't say they're better than AmEx, because each is amazing it it's own way. But seriously, what a great company!
Message 3 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@athensguy wrote:
Super easy. You can keep the same card. Just call, and it will be automatically switched when your next cycle starts.

I agree with both athensguy and jay completely. Discover seems to have very educated CSRs, and not so common things like switching reward programs is pretty streamlined.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

I just product changed back to the More from the Open Road. Sadly, I had to sit through the credit protector sort of spiel. This is the first time I remember that happening when calling Discover. I'd also like it if they added a concierge system of some sort, like visa sig. and world mc.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.