Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Q4 5% includes eBay/PayPal

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Discover Q4 5% includes eBay/PayPal

There was some question about what would be included this year. I decided to look at what it might say on the sign up page

Ebay, PayPal & Amazon are all included

Here is a screenshot

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
wche
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Q4 5% includes eBay/PayPal

I've been trying to find a comprehensive list.. where did you find this?

Message 2 of 16
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

On the Discover page. Chase has a disclosure for their 5%  on the Freedom page as well. 

Message 3 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

It's great for those who do a lot of online shopping, but that's not me.  So for this quarter, I pulled Freedom out of the SD.

Message 4 of 16
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

This is good news for me! Time to SD Discover It since theres no need to carry it in my wallet for online purchases this quarter.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 5 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Pretty detailed list. I think as long as it's coded correctly with the merchant, you will get the 5% rewards.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 16
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Yup it's on Discover website.
I do most my shopping online so it's great for me.
Won't be using my Freedom too much. I was going to use for Amazon but since DS includes Amazon I'm not sure.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 16
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

If you use Freedom online you get the 5% CB for department stores plus the amount from thr UR Mall so that's nice.
Kohl's 10%+5% 15%
JCP 5%+6% 10%
Ect

And to my understanding DS is the same you get 5% for online shopping + whatever % you'd get from a merchant through shop Discover.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 8 of 16
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Does it cover Starbucks? I always reload from my Starbucks mobile app. I would love to get 5% cash back on my coffee!!

Message 9 of 16
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

The best part (in comparison to the Freedom's 4th quarter) is the fact that Amazon Payments counts towards the 5%. Send a reliable person $1000, have them write a check back to you and you've made $50.

And then you have $500 more within the $1500 category 5% limit!

I'm very jealous of this! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.