Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Refer-A-Friend

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Discover Refer-A-Friend

I was reading on Discover's website about Refer-A-Friend and decided to refer my DH for a Discover card of his own.  He has been an AU on my Discover Card for over 20 years.  The refer-a-friend guidelines say that the "friend" cannot be a current cardmember.  My DH is an AU on my card, do you think he qualifies as a non-cardmember for the refer-a-friend bonus?  Or would Discover see him as a cardmember and therefore not eligible for the refer-a-friend bonus?  The guidelines don't seem to exclude family members as "friends."  So, I'm thinking the only thing that might disqualify him is if they see him as a cardmember due to being a current AU on my card.

Anyway, I used the email link and he received the email and applied for his own Discover card.  He was instantly approved.  He was given the option to set up his online account and one of the steps in that process showed an option for an alert if his balance exceeded $9000.  So I'm guessing his starting CL is at least that much.

Hopefully he will qualify for the refer-a-friend bonus and that will net us each $50 in cash back.  $100 easy cash back!!  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Refer-A-Friend

I refered my mom while she was an AU on my Discover card. We both got the $50 no problems. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.