MeN5
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Retention Offer aaaaaye!!!

@Anonymous  this was a retention offer because I was ready to leave 

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeN5 , yeah I got that from the title.  What are your data points, monthly spend, age of Discover account, do you pay the account in full before SCD, etc...you know...the actual details.  You could make this a go to thread for future retention dealings with discover by providing the particulars of your specific case...in detail.  Your call.

Message 12 of 31
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous Sorry my bad, my monthly spend was pretty extensive up until the last few months, my account will be 2 years next month, yes I usually pay in full but for about 5 months I carried a high balance but was paying it down and reusing has never been late and ALWAYS paid way more than the minimum my experian score is 662 with 2 bks 1 falling off this year and a few other baddies including an old account thst decided to rear its ugly head this year and start updating after not updating for 5 years.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeN5, no sweat.  Thanks for the info.  I'd check that DoFD and SoL on that negative account that started updating after 5 years.  You'll have more options once you know that.  One last thing, what was your SL and CLI history over the past 2 years?

Message 14 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Retention Offer is Amazing!

GratsSmiley Happy Not everyone is getting the luv from Miss Disco so count yoursrlf luckySmiley Happy

Message 15 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

I usually pay in full but for about 5 months I carried a high balance but was paying it down and reusing has never been late and ALWAYS paid way more than the minimum

Were you being balance chased?  Is that why?......sorry if I missed something.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 31
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

Discover gave me an extra 3% on the 5 and 1 percent thats already being offered for 6 months. Also gave me a 50 dollar credit because they dont want to lose me that extra 3% will definitely come in handy making my card a 4% and 8% reward card. Also there is no cap. I got this offer because Ive been treated unfairly as an excellent customer and retention rep was trying to lessen the blow while working on it to make it right. 

How were you being treated unfairly?

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 17 of 31
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

@MeN5 wrote:

Discover gave me an extra 3% on the 5 and 1 percent thats already being offered for 6 months. Also gave me a 50 dollar credit because they dont want to lose me that extra 3% will definitely come in handy making my card a 4% and 8% reward card. Also there is no cap. I got this offer because Ive been treated unfairly as an excellent customer and retention rep was trying to lessen the blow while working on it to make it right. 

How were you being treated unfairly?

I was wondering the same.  @MeN5 

Potential Future Cards
Message 18 of 31
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

@wasCB14  they offered me this to stay with discover there is no cap and lately my spend has been little to none because Discover has treated me unfairly and after 2 years Ive had enough but after this offer the retention rep asked me to give them one more month to make it right so i accepted but if nothing has changed in that time I will be closing my account.

What has been done to you unfairly? You keep hovering over this but lack providing any substance....please clarify.

Message 19 of 31
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous I have found out the sol which has passed but they dont care !!!! My sl was 200 it graduated to 1500 last yr Jan 29th thats the only increase I recieved.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.