cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

Ah geez. I'm sorry to hear this. Yeah, that makes no sense to me. I'm sure there is some sort of algorithm but I'm equally sure we'll never figure it out. Please update us when you graduate!
Message 81 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meant to say my experian jumped to 645 after my wife’s card graduated, my AU and the CL increased on it. NerdWallet has my TU at 647 depending on how accurate that is, and that again was after the NFCU graduated.
Message 82 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had my 10th statement cut today and still secured, though I know it may take a few days if I'm fortunate to graduate this time.  I'll keep an eye on it until the end of the week and then I'll know.

Not sure what else I need to do.  We charge it up to about 80-90% of the limit but make at least two big payments to pay the statement balance each month.  Heck, the last payment I made was $800 at the end of last week.  That's the usual for this card for us.

Message 83 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's something interesting.  I wonder if my card is in the process of graduating?  Reason I ask is because if I try to do a prequalify on Discover's website I get an "Oops, something went wrong."  Where before it would tell me there wasn't anything since my current card is so new.  When I try with my wife's info I get the page that states that there isn't anything because she just got approved for a new card of her own.

Message 84 of 610
pamon
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

Anyone know the next time they review for CLI's after the bump to $2000? Think like 2500 is next milestone
Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 85 of 610
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

2 statements after graduation to $2000 unsecured CL and no auto love nor with the luv button. Maybe the 3rd statement will be the good luck charm... or not. I will update 💪🏼

Message 86 of 610
mthrasher16

Hey Freshintn,

Since we graduated the same day, I'm curious if you've received your deposit back from Discover yet?  The, "Congrats, you've graduated" e-mail said 5-7 business days and we're now at 10 business days, 14 calander and I haven't seen anything.

Thanks! 

Message 87 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm only 5 statements in. Thanks for the datapoints.
Message 88 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

mthrasher16: Yes, I received a check just a few days after getting the email. You may want to contact Discover. 😬
Message 89 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

XtraCredit: You're welcome! Only a couple more to go! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Message 90 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.