Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

My experience with this card is great. I recently had my review. I had originally 200 dollars for a deposit. I then increased it 300 dollars by making another deposit. After some months after paying on time and making several payments in each because sometime i do get close to my limit I finally got a chance to get my account reviewed. They made it unsecured with an increase from 500 to 2000 dollars.
Message 101 of 610
niecy357
Valued Member

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

I was showing heavy use and paying in full. I was told that Discover wanted to see less than 30 percent used. I was unsecured today with 250.00 CLI. Disappointed but at least I will get my 500.00 back. I will attempt for a CLI at the one year mark in July.

Message 102 of 610
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

I was showing heavy use and paying in full. I was told that Discover wanted to see less than 30 percent used. I was unsecured today with 250.00 CLI. Disappointed but at least I will get my 500.00 back. I will attempt for a CLI at the one year mark in July.

@niecy357   So you had a secured cl of $500 and they cld when you unsecured?  What was your starting limit plz?  Smiley Sad

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 103 of 610
niecy357
Valued Member

Yes, I started with $300.00 and added another 200.00 a few months later. My deposit was 500.00 I graduated  March 13th my closing date was March 10th. My limit now is $750.00 so the CLI was $250.00.

Message 104 of 610
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

Yes, I started with $300.00 and added another 200.00 a few months later. My deposit was 500.00 I graduated  March 13th my closing date was March 10th. My limit now is $750.00 so the CLI was $250.00.

Oh, okay..okaySmiley Very Happy  Thank goodness I read that wrong....I thought they cld you down to $250 (Big Shew!)  Well, Congrats all the way around!!!!!!

Message 105 of 610
niecy357
Valued Member

Smiley LOL yeah I was looking forward to 1500-2000 CL but ok happy it graduated and I will be getting my $500.00 deposit back.

Message 106 of 610
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

Smiley LOL yeah I was looking forward to 1500-2000 CL but ok happy it graduated and I will be getting my $500.00 deposit back.

Yeah I know...but still it's disappointing to not get a hefty cli.  I'm sure that's gonna be my story too.  At least on your cr it will show as unsecured.  Maybe it will grow a little more and then you can bury it out back and get a better card.  That's my plan, I think.  

Message 107 of 610
parzivalmx
Valued Member

I started to build credit with this credit card. I got graduted after 7 months, got my deposit back and limint increse to 1k. I use this card for almost everything.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 108 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card is great I try to make multiple payments and keep my utilization down to under 10 percent. My credit score is not that good ..about 590/600 range. I will say that the only downside to this card is that not too many places internationally take it.
Message 109 of 610
parzivalmx
Valued Member

Yes, you're right. I mostly use it in the US and I have capital one MS that I use when I travel, plus I have other Mexcian CC. The Discover and Capital One helped me to get to 688 credit score.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 110 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.