Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Secured

Mine also unsecured to $2,500 which is the highest that I've heard of to date.
Message 171 of 610
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it Secured

Congrats! That's around the normal amount. Now its time to prove you can handle credit before they'll hand out a CLI so soon. Give it 90 days or so. Use it and PIF. Then hit up the SP CLI button. You can try in 31 or 61 days. Its always a SP. But 91 seems to be the sweet spotin most cases. Good Luck!

Message 172 of 610
AlmostCreditGenius
Established Member

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

I’ve posted a couple of times on this topic, but I have an update. I will summarize my experience:
09/2018 - chapter 13 bankruptcy discharge
09/2018 - Discover secure card - $2500 CL
04/2019 - graduated unsecure - $2500 CL
07/2019 - request CLI, received $900 increase to $3400 CL

I just got the increase 1 day after my 10th statement. I called in to request the increase this morning. I immediately tried to “double dip” by doing the automated CLI request but was denied. Smiley Sad
EQ 674
TU 663
EX 643
Message 173 of 610
Emierja99
Contributor

I am ecstatic to say the least. My Discover Secured Card has finally graduated after 7 months! Below are the data points for anyone else that may need clarity:

Current Scores
731 FICO 8 as of 7/17 from TU.

Previous Scores
601 FICO 8 TU

Previous SL : $500
Current SL: $1500
Rarely carried a balance on the account, and always PIF.
I have a recurring Hulu account that posts to the card as well as purchases of groceries and household needs that added up to around $2000 for the whole period I had the card.

No lates, baddies or returned payments.

Current Aggregate Utilization - 28%

Statement Cut- 7/24
Graduated - 7/29
Confirmed by logging on Discover account and seeing CLI
CLI page appeared, still no email.

Message 174 of 610
2B770
Valued Member

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

Same here. I'm on month 12. Still insecured. Equifax 680; TransUnion 685; Experian 658. Prior to applying to discover...scores were 601/550/602. Never late with discover and utilization is always low. Mostly 0% bit always use card during the month...just never let any balance report. Not sure of what's happening. I'm a little frustrated. Btw...I have 2 collections that are paid (since 10 months ago) and 1 charge off paid since 12 months ago. I have 2 closed accounts with many 30/60/90s...but all are 12 months or much older. Not sure why I'm not graduating.
Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 175 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

@Laura I thought you graduated 2 months ago
Message 176 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to all graduated. It's been almost 2 years no graduated card. Utilization low across all credit card accounts. 650 per discover website for FICO🙄 So frustrated when doing right by your credit and this one company seems to drag out graduating well for me anyways.
Message 177 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good sign of Discover Graduation soon?

My 7th statement just cut August 3rd, I called Discover this morning just to see if my account was on my right track. The guy said yes just give it a couple days and you should see an e-mail if not then for sure next month "September." I was bummed out when he said probably next month but oh well, I decided to click on Credit Limit Increase and was taken to a different screen! I refreshed it to see if it was going to stay but unfortunately it went back to the security deposit screen, with that being said. Is this a sign for graduation or did I get a bugged out page?

Message 178 of 610
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Good sign of Discover Graduation soon?

I don't know about the screen you saw, but, I'd give it a week or so and see what happens. I am skeptical that the CSR knows more about it than you do, so I wouldn't parse his comments too much. He probably just mentioned next month as a worst-case or to try to get you not to call every day Smiley Happy Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 179 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good sign of Discover Graduation soon?

@KJinNC wrote:

I don't know about the screen you saw, but, I'd give it a week or so and see what happens. I am skeptical that the CSR knows more about it than you do, so I wouldn't parse his comments too much. He probably just mentioned next month as a worst-case or to try to get you not to call every day Smiley Happy Good luck!

Sorry, it was the Credit Limit Increase screen where I input my income, rent, etc...

Message 180 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.