cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

I sure will! Yes we have very similar stories! Good luck and update on which date Disco does the soft pull...the original or the actual. It’s a Very unique data point to collect!
Message 211 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover graduation!

My Discover It secured card had the 7th statement cut on Friday, and woke up this morning and saw they graduated me with a huge cli!

DP:

all three FICO 8s around 740

3 accounts:

Discover it secured- opened 3-1-19 with $200 limit, 9-1-19 Raised to $350 limit, 10-14-19- Graduated, CLI to $2,000.

Target Red Card- opened 7-1-19, $1,000 SL

AMEX BCE- opened 9-26-19, $2,000 SL, still not reporting.

College student with 12,000 income

Off to the garden until my Discover hits 12 months of age so I can get a CFU, because not having a Visa or Mastercard can be a pain. I bank with chase, so I don't believe I would have a problem getting approved for it, but I want to wait just to be safe.

Overall I'm really happy I went with Discover for my first card. I always PIF after letting the statement cut with a $5 balance, and never put more than $100 on the card at a time. I would highly recommend this card to anyone starting out.

Message 212 of 610
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover graduation!

Congratulations @awc94

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 213 of 610
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco graduation!

Message 214 of 610
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, Btw my Discover Secured Card Cut its 8th Statement today (Cycle Date is the 12th) and still no Graduation 🙄 i was this close to closing my card today in order to get my 1000.00 dollars Back but then they offered me a 12 month 0% apr on puschases, But out of frustration i am not using the card anymore my ficos are Close to mid 700s across the board Credit Reports are clean no Baddies and still no luck. Oh well

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 215 of 610
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Huge jump there!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 216 of 610
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome

A big congratulations to you OP. Your journey is on the right path and your slow and steady pace is going to pay off big time. Kudos to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 217 of 610
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👍👍👍

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 218 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! i have found that most places i go will accept discover and amex. so far amex is the less accepted, but only because i found one place that didn't take it.

Message 219 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover it graduated today! From $300 to $750. I think I had a high balance but I’m just happy regardless. Congratulations!!!
Message 220 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.