Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Graduation??

Once you hit your 7th statement beon the lookout up to 5days after your 7th statement cut..Mine graduated by the 10 month 5 days after my statement cut

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 301 of 610
coachbeau
Valued Member

Re: Discover Graduation & Utilization

I got a $200 secured card and three months later I applied for an unscured card and was approved for $1200. My secured card graduated on the 7th month but they didn't raise the limit. I called today and requested a CLI, said it would be 24hrs before I hear anything. I have applied for a CLI on the unsecured but was diened. TU score was 640. Since I was approved for the DISCO unsecured Disco card, I've been approved for a Go Rewards NFCU 15K, NFCU Cash Rewards 1K CLI, and AMEX 5K. I'll wait another three months and try again for the CLI.

Message 302 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,
I started out with a Discover Secured as Well and yes that means your about to get your cap & gown. Per the advice of other members as long as you paid your bills on time and have kept your utilization low you will in fact graduate and more than likely they will increase your Credit limit as they did for me. My secured CL was $1600 and upon graduation they raised it to $2000 and six months later it’s now $3500. Good job and keep up the good work
Message 303 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply everyone! Yes I have always paid my full balance a few times a month so that I can keep utilizing the cashback aspects of having a secured card. As I said before Ive never heard of anyone getting that message before just getting the CLI one day when they wake up after the 7th statement. Appreciate the words of encouragement from everyone I really like this form I feel as though we are all helping each other and having a good time with it! Keep this thread updated to give anyone who needs it what type of CLI Disco gives me so you know what to expect also. 

Message 304 of 610
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Graduation & Utilization

Discover moves in mysterious ways. Mine was unsecured less than a week after my seventh statement, but the CL only went up to $1,500 (from $1,000 secured). Though my scores are well in the 700s, my income is over $100k and I had three other cards (now four) with CLs of $5,000 and another one with a CL of $3,100, and I see posts frequently of people with BK or low scores who got higher CLs.

Maybe they draw straws out of hats or roll dice? I suppose it all makes sense to them, though sometimes, it's hard to come up with explanations.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 305 of 610
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Discover Secured Cards That Graduated Highest Limits

I was Wondering Can I get some Input on this Subject about what are some of the Highest limits these cards have grown or do they Peak at a certain limit 3000 to 4000 have anyone's discover secured cards that graduated grown to limits of 10000 or more over time? im very curious all feedback is apppreciated

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 306 of 610
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Cards That Graduated Highest Limits

The majority of people who graduate and post with a $500 credit line usually end up at $1500-$2000. Its not written in stone. Each person is different in Disco's world. There's no absolute spot on data point to predict what will be the final outcome. Growth on a Disco card secured or unsecured is a guessing game. No one person matches. Some get major luv some get $500 at a time. Cough cough. Smiley Happy

Message 307 of 610
skizzo82
Established Member

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

Mine just graduated exactly 1yr with a 614 tu. 1500 cli.
Fico 8
6/6/2019 EQ:560 TU:593 EX:579
6/23/2020 EQ:661 TU:660 EX:672
Goal: 720

Message 308 of 610
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Hey mrfufoppss ..  so i started with i think 300 or 500 and after graduating and 3 years later the highest i have gotten is 2100. I use the card everyday as my daily driver and run all bills etc through it . I always pif every month and have not paid not one dime of intrest to them . I tried Monthly hitting that luv button with no luck to trying every 3 months etc and 2100 is the highest ive gotten. My wife in same time frame has gone from about 3k to 20k . I believe my card is bucketted due to it was a secured card that graduated being that my file was a little rough at the time of applying for it. End of day im happy that discover gave me the chance but recently i have moved on to AMex BCE with a starting limit of 8k. hope this helps and have a good day. best of luck.

Message 309 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 310 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.