cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Cards That Graduated Highest Limits

The majority of people who graduate and post with a $500 credit line usually end up at $1500-$2000. Its not written in stone. Each person is different in Disco's world. There's no absolute spot on data point to predict what will be the final outcome. Growth on a Disco card secured or unsecured is a guessing game. No one person matches. Some get major luv some get $500 at a time. Cough cough. Smiley Happy

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 301 of 402
Highlighted

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

Mine just graduated exactly 1yr with a 614 tu. 1500 cli.
Message 302 of 402
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hey mrfufoppss ..  so i started with i think 300 or 500 and after graduating and 3 years later the highest i have gotten is 2100. I use the card everyday as my daily driver and run all bills etc through it . I always pif every month and have not paid not one dime of intrest to them . I tried Monthly hitting that luv button with no luck to trying every 3 months etc and 2100 is the highest ive gotten. My wife in same time frame has gone from about 3k to 20k . I believe my card is bucketted due to it was a secured card that graduated being that my file was a little rough at the time of applying for it. End of day im happy that discover gave me the chance but recently i have moved on to AMex BCE with a starting limit of 8k. hope this helps and have a good day. best of luck.

Message 303 of 402
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 304 of 402
Established Contributor

I think the OP was asking the highest CL ever achieved by cards that were once secured - not the CL that they directly unsecure to.

In other words, if you had a Discover that unsecured (for example) four years ago and since then, you sought CLIs, what have you gotten it up to. I think the purpose of the question is to determine if formerly secured Discover cards are bucketed or something similar.

I am interested as well, but have no data to contribute. My card unsecured on around Dec. 17 to $1,500 and I haven't gotten a CL since then.

Young profile, but no derogs. In March of 2019, I had no open accounts, a charge-off, two collections, and scores in the low 500s. MyFICO paying customer. One might think my perspective would be welcome here, but ...
Cards

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loan

Sock drawer: Amex Delta Gold, $1,000, opened August 2019; Amex Hilton Aspire, $3,100, opened August 2019.

Closed but still on reports: ExxonMobil, $950, 10/08-02/11 (Equifax only) | Citi secured, $200, 045/19-09/19 | Capital One secured, $300, 04/19-08/19 | My Jewelers Club, $5,000, 05/19-08/19 | Green Dot Primor, $300, 05/19-08/19 | Self Lender secured $500 loan, 04/19-01/20 | Unsecured personal loan from Coastal, $1,000, 06/19-08/19.
Message 305 of 402
Highlighted
Valued Member

My DiscoverIt Secured Graduated!!!

Hey guys,

My 7th statement for my Discover secured card cut on the 16th. Didn't get an email or letter yet but noticed my CL went from $1200 to $2000 overnight and also my CLI button works!

Here's some details for anyone interested:

TU Fico 643

EXP Fico 619 (lots of new accounts holding it down, and my Experian Boost got cancelled due to unsupported bank issues. It was 624 a couple days ago)

Overall utilization across all credit about 10% on EXP, 32% on TU

Always charged up to around $800-$900 and PIF before statement close. Past 2 months I don't use it much.

Went from a $200 deposit to $1200.

Have 1 unpaid charge off from Wells Fargo from about 6 years ago

Also I moved my statement date twice so my statement was due to close in December but was extended a full month! Didn't affect it at all.

Good to see Disco out here unsecuring cards!!

apple-carddiscover-it-secured-card-012518platinum-card-artplatinum--preferred-card-artcapital-one-spark-classic-business-cardciti-secured card

Message 306 of 402
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: My DiscoverIt Secured Graduated!!!

Congrats on graduating!

EQ: 792 | EX: 785 | TU: 781 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 307 of 402
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: My DiscoverIt Secured Graduated!!!

So heres a frame of reference since I haven't posted again about it.

Secured Discover $300 was activated in June of 2018. It has yet to unsecure

BUT in September of 2019 after my statement cut and still didn't unsecure I decided to run prequalification on their site...

boom, approved for a different card with $5,000 SL.

As of February of 2019 I had completely resolved any debts and everything was paid for as agreed.

I still don't have that card unsecured, but again...given I've acquired either better cards or increases it's becoming less an issue.

Perhaps I'll ask for my $300 back at the two year mark.

Message 308 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover graduation! Steps I took

Graduated today after the 14th statement.  No CLI, tried to request one and was denied (slightly odd given the spend I put through it, but does not really matter since I have the 14.5k card from them).

You nailed it @joltdude - waiting until either account has a CLI so I can merge them.  Thanks again for your advice!

Message 309 of 402
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Discover graduation! Steps I took

Congratulations!!!! That's very promising for the rest of us!

my statement cut the 2/5 and still no graduation. On to month 11!

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578

March 2020 (0 collections)
EQ - 605
TU - 672
EX - 671
Message 310 of 402
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.