Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
T_Lab_89
Contributor

Re: Discover graduation! Steps I took

Congratulations!!!! That's very promising for the rest of us!

my statement cut the 2/5 and still no graduation. On to month 11!

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578
March 2022 (0 collections)
EQ - 670
TU - 690
EX - 691
Message 321 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation??

Good luck!! Hopefully you hear some good news soon. Your score improvement should really help, from what I've seen a lot of people who had scores in the 600-640 range received graduation and a CLI. Going to make sure I have AZEO and a total UTI around 5% to hopefully boost my scores as close to 600 as possible.

This is the one card I can be patient with as they have rewards and with their end of year match I can wait if I have to. 

Message 322 of 610
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

Graduated today after the 14th statement.  No CLI, tried to request one and was denied (slightly odd given the spend I put through it, but does not really matter since I have the 14.5k card from them).

You nailed it @joltdude - waiting until either account has a CLI so I can merge them.  Thanks again for your advice!

Congratulations!!! I know you had been getting a little impatient with them, so I am glad it finally graduated for you. If I were you, I would probably combine them into the new card. I would want to get rid of whatever bucketing was going on with the first one, IMO. Luckily, you'd only be losing 14 months of history. Or you could just sock drawer it and by a cup of coffee every six months.

Message 323 of 610
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Graduated today after the 14th statement.  No CLI, tried to request one and was denied (slightly odd given the spend I put through it, but does not really matter since I have the 14.5k card from them).

You nailed it @joltdude - waiting until either account has a CLI so I can merge them.  Thanks again for your advice!

Congratulations!!! I know you had been getting a little impatient with them, so I am glad it finally graduated for you. If I were you, I would probably combine them into the new card. I would want to get rid of whatever bucketing was going on with the first one, IMO. Luckily, you'd only be losing 14 months of history. Or you could just sock drawer it and by a cup of coffee every six months.

Only frustrated because they gave me 14.5k unsecured and then weren't graduating me.

I think I'm going to keep it as an extra card for the next year since it's one of my oldest post-BK cards.  I'll be applying for an auto loan in feb 2021.  After that I'll merge the two.  Just happy to get my $ back and not have to deal with closing it and waiting so long for the refund.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 324 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have been wondering if my bk is what's keeping me from graduating so this gives me hope. But my 15th statement cut a few days ago and still no graduation. 

Message 325 of 610
T_Lab_89
Contributor

Panda,

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any late payments or returned payments? 

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578
March 2022 (0 collections)
EQ - 670
TU - 690
EX - 691
Message 326 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@T_Lab_89 wrote:

Panda,

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any late payments or returned payments? 

No I don't have any late or returned payments. I have a $200 limit and used it pretty heavily in the beginning, my 2019 summary says I spent over $4k last year. But the past few months it's pretty much been SD'd. Also my score has gone up.. my TU was 563 at account opening and currently at around 650. I checked their prequal but no offers there either. Smiley Sad

Message 327 of 610
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous

Again YCMV.. but there was a time in the past that Miss Disco liked roughly 2 years from BK for an approval.... wondering if this might be somewhat related to why your not seeing any CLIs...... and if you go overlimit, late pay, etc, it does seem to take at least 6 mo to recover from it... Know it sucks to wait another year.. id keep hitting the prequals periodically... also sign up to discovers credit scorecard... (not the one in your account.. the separate website) Having them being able to see a FICO score from a second CRA.. might get that moving too since they will hit you every month with an additional SP... 

-J

Message 328 of 610
cr101
Established Contributor

Discover secure card grads reunion

I'm interested in finding out about your CLI experience after your graduation. I'm not just referring to the CLI that you got with your graduation. If you could, please also include the following:

Secured CL: $200

CL at graduation: $2,000

Card open date: 01/2018

Card graduation date: 08/2018

Post-gradutate CLI info:

12/2018 CLI of $500

03/2019 CLI of $1,500

06/2019 CLI of $750

It would be nice to know your scores when you got your card and after graduation, and whether you got another Discover card after grad.

Message 329 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secure card grads reunion

Congratulations on your success!

Message 330 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.