mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Graduation! Data points!

Congratulations on your graduation!!

Message 472 of 610
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation! I would not take the lack of a CLI personally. Discover does not give CLIs at graduation to people who deposit the maximum amount of funds. It's nothing you did, just how they roll. They do give CLIs to people who deposit lower amounts, usually going from their depoisit up to $2,000 (or $2,500 in a couple of cases). When mine graduated, I got a CLI from $700 to $2,000, but I had to wait a year before I got another CLI. YMMV, so I would definitely stick with the card and make the most of the cash back match. If you have not asked them to switch you to the 5% rotating categories yet, I would get on the live chat and ask them to do it because the rewards are much more profitable, IMO.

Message 473 of 610
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover graduation!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 474 of 610
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Nicely done!! Congratulations on your graduation!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 475 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your Discover graduation to $2,500 unsecured!!! Smiley Very Happy

You have a really strong 6-figure income and mid-700 FICO scores (I assume they are FICO8s).

You are in much better credit shape now than when you first started. I'd say your future is bright.

Thanks so much for sharing, and Welcome to the forum!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 476 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

Same here I got my card in December 2018 its now June 2020 Statement( $0 bal) has cut and still no graduation. I have 1 inquiry, Student Loans, and im utilizing right under 25% across all cards, Maybe in July after my last of 6 is paid off they will let me graduate EQ: 707 TU: 701 EX: 699

Message 477 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement# 19 posted last week but still no graduation. I did let a few charges report on my statement (vs leaving at $0) to see if that would trigger anything but no luck.

Message 478 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I've given up on graduation 

Message 479 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Statement# 19 posted last week but still no graduation. I did let a few charges report on my statement (vs leaving at $0) to see if that would trigger anything but no luck.

@Anonymous 

While there is a lot of factors that go into them graduating a card, Score/Util/payment history, there are still some that we don't.  I can say this tho, after your initial approval, the lending decisions (card/CLI/grad) are done with the EX as the basis as the Discover credit team have told me this many times over the years. Based on your siggy, i see that EX is 659 so while not a 100% sure, and YMMV as always. You could look into why your EX is still lower and try to build that one up as much as you can depending on what's on it. 

Look forward to hearing of your graduating success in the future. 

Message 480 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.