Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Discover Graduation 👩‍🎓

Congratulations on your graduation!

Message 541 of 610
Openwater
Established Contributor

Glad to hear, good luck continuing to rebuild!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 542 of 610
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Congrats on the graduation! ...and the score increase. Keep it up and hoMEownership is just around the corner!

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 543 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT secured graduates today!!!

Congratulations to Everyone, I don't believe I will Ever Graduate. Card been paid off 3 months, and All cards combined is at 6% Util

Message 544 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NeedhoMEownership wrote:

It's a beautiful day! Woke up this morning to see my Discover Secured available credit increase from $300 to $1,500. (Insert happy dance 💃🏾) I haven't received the official email but since I am on MyFICO all day ... everyday, I know I have received my cap and gown. So, here are my data points: 

-Applied in May 2020 with a Transunion score of 589 

-Student loan debt, 6 collections, a lot of lates from auto loan within last 12 months and a repossession on credit file 

-November 8, 2020 (7th statement) Transunion score 616 

-Student loan debt in good standing, 1 collection (paid/closed) Last late official 1 year mark and repossession (paid/closed.)

Used card for mostly gas/food and spent no more than $150-$180 monthly - balance PIF; 3rd month I let $5 report and 6th month I let $7 report. 

Congrats!!! So a DP here is that it took a week for you to graduate after your 7th statement cut? Yet, receiving the email will be over a week then. People were quoting graduating 2-5 days after statement cut, so I wanted to make sure yous state the time between statement cut and seeing an increase and/or graduation email for others incase COVID is making it take longer? 

Smiley Happy 

Message 545 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT secured

B5C63F5F-3401-4287-BCC5-98AAE8F9F1A8.jpeg

I just got this email from Discover! Is this good news that I might graduate soon? I hope 🤞🏻 

The people that their cards graduated, did you received similar email?

Message 546 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT secured

@Anonymous I actually opened up this card a few days after you and received the same email recently. Many claim that after the sixth statement closes, you will be asked to confirm your mailing address in the Discover app (presumably because they will be returning your funds via check). 

It's by no means a guarantee, but it is a good sign.

We will have to wait for the 7th statement to cut to be sure. Many say that they receive the graduation email 2-6 days after the 7th statement cuts (but if you check the app, you might notice your available credit increase sooner).

Good luck!

Message 547 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous nice! The email got me a little excited and I hope I do graduate. Good luck to you! 

Message 548 of 610
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

I got the same email the other day too. I hope it bodes well for all of us!

Message 549 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation??

I'd upped my deposit to $2500 and thought I was told it'd be returned 8 months from activation but it's 8 statement months. Website FAQ repeatedly says review is automatic and no rep can help. While I was chatting with rep this week, I mentioned that my credit score recently dropped (I think to 589 from 670 high) because my utilization went up and she said "it's atypical to get the deposit back the first time (8th month) they review" so I'm wondering if anyone didn't get their deposit back if their score had dropped at the time of the first review (I've got no late/returned payments with Discover and nothing negative with others on report, just recently maxed out a couple cards)? I was hoping to get mine this/next month, to bring down my utilization again....

Message 550 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.