Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT secured

I know some people talk about getting a message in the discover app asking to confirm mailing address in case they graduate and get their deposit returned. Has anyone ever gotten a pop up message asking to confirm which bank account to direct deposit into in case the deposit is returned? I got the direct deposit question but not the mailing address one. 

I've had the secured card for 41 months now with a $2500 CL and 660 credit score (up from 500 when I started)

Message 571 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Discover Graduation 👩‍🎓

@NeedhoMEownership  Hey congrats on your graduation and I have a question for you, when your Discover card graduated, did you see a score increase with your FICO 8 and your mortgage scores? My card just graduated this month and will report to the credit bureaus in February and was hoping I'll see a lil jump in my mortgage scores since I'll be going to closing soon. Thank you and good luck in your home buying journey as well! 

Message 572 of 610
NeedhoMEownership
Established Member

Re: Secured Discover Graduation 👩‍🎓

@Anonymous Hello and thank you. No, I didn't see any jump in my credit scores my Transunion only increased by 1 point. It just reported unsecured; which is a plus. Good luck on your closing and my home buying journey will be ending today :-) I'm actually closing today! 🙏🏾😁

Message 573 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO I have never seen it, I'm not sure what I can do to Graduate, I'm at 26 Months with the Card $600 SL, was told that I always pay the card off so it's working against me. I recently Bought a House in AUG, & a Car in October. All my Other cards with Exception of my Delta Gold & This Card has increased my Limits, But I Cannot Graduate. EX: 674 TU: 645 EQ: 672 mind you before the House and Car, My I was at 705 714 708. Im going to pay all but $50 on tomorrow's statement closes on the second praying that a change happens. Congratulations to everyone who has graduated. I want to be like YOU lol

Message 574 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quikj9 congrats man!!! that is awesome!! Pretty nice CL too Smiley Happy  I got the cassette card as replacement Smiley Happy 

Message 575 of 610
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous! Now, I might just go for a new card design too. 

Message 576 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day all.... quick question. I opened my discover card August 2019..I've never missed a payment. I had an alert asking where to return deposit (via direct deposit) upon graduation when possible. Is this in some way indication of graduation soon?? I've read  before but I wasn't sure if this is fact. 

Message 577 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good day all.... quick question. I opened my discover card August 2019..I've never missed a payment. I had an alert asking where to return deposit (via direct deposit) upon graduation when possible. Is this in some way indication of graduation soon?? I've read  before but I wasn't sure if this is fact. 

After 42 months, I finally had that message asking me about direct deposit. This morning, exactly 3 days after my statement, I was graduated. 

Message 578 of 610
AlmostCreditGenius
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After 42 months, I finally had that message asking me about direct deposit. This morning, exactly 3 days after my statement, I was graduated. 

Is this a bad sign that I'm not graduating?

4A0A6101-9E34-4EB9-9A77-17F7AA804ECE.jpeg

EQ 674
TU 663
EX 643
Message 579 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you... I've been lurking the forms the last couple days. But I wasn't sure.. fingers crossed I'm next 🤞🏽

Message 580 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.