Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation!

tag
arenglish
New Contributor

Discover Secured Graduation!

Disco sends the luv! Got the card in Feb 2017 and graduated after 7 months/statments at the end of Sep 2017. Check is in the mail with secuirty deposit and got a CLI to boot. $200 to $500. One last secured card from rebuild with Cap1 at $49/$500. Hopefully that budges and I can PC to Quicksilver, at 7 months with that card as well.

Data points for those interested:

Feb 2017: No FICO yet, only thing on reports was a collection. Disco was my first INQ.

First FICO (July 2017) W/ baddies: EX:590. INQ: 3 AAoA: 5 months

Latest FICO (Sep 2017) W/O baddies: EX: 732, TU:730 , EQ:722. INQ: 3 AAoA: 7 months

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation!

Congrats!

I applied and was approved in March so I'm hoping my account graduates in November!

What was the date of your last statement and when was the date of the graduation letter/email?

Message 2 of 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and credit line increase! And thank you for posting your data points.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your graduation, I was shocked at 7 months when I got mine out of the blue. Capital one was next at 11 months so be patient and it'll happen. Excellent job! Dv
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your graduation! 

Message 5 of 14
arenglish
New Contributor

ABCD, my statement date was 9/27 and I received the email early morning (around midnight) on 10/1.

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to know!  4 days plus they told you on a Sunday.

I changed my due date so it actually extended my statement date out quite a bit so even though I was approved in March (meaning October is month 7) my 7th statement doesn't cut until November and I assume they're looking at 7 statements. not 7 months.

Since my 6th statement cuts October 13th and my 6th cuts November 13th, I'll be hoping for some good news November 17th or so and report back.

I'm not in a rush really to unsecure it, but that $2500 sitting at 0% interest is annoying since I know I can get great returns on it elsewhere!

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job ! Welcome to the big boy/girl card nowSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC you're back! To the OP congrats on your Secured card graduation! 

Message 9 of 14
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Congrats! Patiently waiting for mine to unsecure in February.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.