cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover secure card grads reunion

@cr101 wrote:

I'm interested in finding out about your CLI experience after your graduation. I'm not just referring to the CLI that you got with your graduation. If you could, please also include the following:

Scores: 579 EXP

Scores @ Graduation: 722 EXP, 742 Tu, 744 EQ

Secured CL: $200 -> $1500

CL at graduation: $2,000

Card open date: 10/2018

Card graduation date: 04/2019

Post-graduate CLI info:  08/2019 CLI of $1000 auto (cl $3k)

"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." --Harry S Truman

"The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave." - Ronald Reagan

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
— Marie Curie
Message 321 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Scores: 586 TU

Scores @ Graduation: 702 EXP / 709 EQ / 677 TU

Secured CL: $500 -> $2500 (in $500 increments)

CL at graduation: $2500 Smiley Sad 

Card open date: 12/2018

Card graduation date: 02/2020

Post-gradutate CLI info:  None yet, will update

Approved for 2nd Discover Card 12/2019 with 14.5k limit

Message 322 of 402
Highlighted

Secured CL: $1500

CL at graduation: $1800

Card open date: 01/2019

Card graduation date: 08/2019

Post-graduate info:

11/2019 CLI of $1000 

02/2020 Discover it Cashback Approval for $4000

02/2020 Discover it Chrome upgraded to Cashback

My TransUnion FICO Score 8 was 771 a month after graduation.

Message 323 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Current Scores: 711 TU, 664 EX, 613 EQ

Scores @ Graduation: 645 TU

Secured CL: $700

CL at graduation: $2,000 ($1,300 CLI at graduation)

Card open date: 03/2018

Card graduation date: 11/2018

Post-graduate CLI info: None yet. Expecting one next month, because I was getting denied for the past few months for high utilization, which I have recently gotten down to ideal levels. However, I got denied for a full year after my graduation for "unsufficient experience at current credit limit." 

Message 324 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Post-graduate CLI info: None yet. Expecting one next month, because I was getting denied for the past few months for high utilization, which I have recently gotten down to ideal levels. However, I got denied for a full year after my graduation for "unsufficient experience at current credit limit." 

was that their denial reason or is that what you're thinking it was? i'm asking bc that's a concern that i have, too. can you tell me what your util rate was? thanks for starting this thread!

Message 325 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

was that their denial reason or is that what you're thinking it was? i'm asking bc that's a concern that i have, too. can you tell me what your util rate was? thanks for starting this thread!

I am not great at keeping track of historical data, but for example, Discover is currently showing it at 63% on my FICO score report that is included in the account dashboard. I have gotten it down to 13% overall (an $879 balance is currently reporting from Discover, which is the only balsnce reporting on my CRs), but Discover has not updated their internal data yet. They pull my new score/report from TU on the 17th of each month, so I am thinking I should qualify later this month after they get my new report. I was already declined earlier this month, so 63% is obviously too high for them. I also have paid my Discover card down to $0 as well, so they won't have any utilization excuses to deny me a CLI.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 6.35.13 PM.png

Message 326 of 402
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

I am not great at keeping track of historical data, but for example, Discover is currently showing it at 63% on my FICO score report that is included in the account dashboard. I have gotten it down to 13% overall (an $879 balance is currently reporting from Discover, which is the only balsnce reporting on my CRs), but Discover has not updated their internal data yet. They pull my new score/report from TU on the 17th of each month, so I am thinking I should qualify later this month after they get my new report. I was already declined earlier this month, so 63% is obviously too high for them. I also have paid my Discover card down to $0 as well, so they won't have any utilization excuses to deny me a CLI.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 6.35.13 PM.png

Oooh, i'm anxious to see how much your score increases. 63 percent to 13 percent is a pretty big decrease, but i'm no expert in how much that'll actually affect your score. let us know what happens. good luck!

Message 327 of 402
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to all the graduated and CL increasing accounts.   In '17, Mine graduated in 7 months like clockwork, but i started with 200 no CLI at graduation.  Over the course of the next year i got 200 each 6 months.  I asked for a second card that started at 2500 and quickly increased to 8600.  At the second year, i just had to cancel the secured card at $600 (it was bucketed, even tho disco will never say the word bucketed lol) , but got a "second" second card with another nice SL.  I didn't do very well with the secured growing, but the cards after secured have done nicely.  

Look forward to hearing of all the Disco successes Smiley Happy

Message 328 of 402
Highlighted
Established Member

Hope this helps my it card just graduated today one day after my 7th statement cut. I received a push message from the app saying that "do to my exceptionally responsible credit usage I had a credit limit increase of $1,800"...lol 

Scores: 580 at inception

Scores @ Graduation: 620 all cards

Secured CL: $200 -> $2000

CL at graduation: $2,000

Card open date: 7/2019

Card graduation date: 02/2020 1 day after statement 

FYI.... I called discover the day before my 7th statement posted and let them know I was expecting to graduate my secure card that day. The Disco rep told me I would have to wait until my 8th statement to be considered for graduation. Guess she liked my voice 😂

Message 329 of 402
Highlighted
New Visitor

Congrats. I'm still waiting on my card to graduate. It's been 12 months now. I've never been late and i went pass my limit one time. Lol i always keep my utilization at 5% every month. 🤷‍♂️

Message 330 of 402
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.