Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secure card grads reunion

Just a couple of DP's.

Opened secured Discover with $500 on August 26, 2019. 1st statement cut 11 days later on September 6th. The 7th statement cut on March 6, 2020. Checked online the 9th but no graduation. Woke up this morning, graduated to $2000. 

1st Statement- no usage- no balance

2nd- $285- no balance

3rd- $427- left $4 balance

4th- $215- no balance

5th- $420- no balance

6th- $227- no balance

7th- $127- no balance

TU Fico 8 696 (from Disco Scorecard 02/29/20)

Opened Credit One Visa Aug 2019 ($300), Self Lender Loan September 2019 ($550), Capital One Quicksilver January 2020 ($2K), Best Buy Visa January 2020 ($2K), Navy Cash Rewards January 2020 ($10K).

Thanks to @ all who have posted to this thread, it has been a huge help! Heart

Message 421 of 610
T_Lab_89
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a couple of DP's.

Opened secured Discover with $500 on August 26, 2019. 1st statement cut 11 days later on September 6th. The 7th statement cut on March 6, 2020. Checked online the 9th but no graduation. Woke up this morning, graduated to $2000. 

2nd- $285- no balance

4th- $215- no balance

5th- $420- no balance

6th- $227- no balance

7th- $127- no balance

Opened Credit One Visa Aug 2019 ($300), Self Lender Loan September 2019 ($550), Capital One Quicksilver January 2020 ($2K), Best Buy Visa January 2020 ($2K), Navy Cash Rewards January 2020 ($10K).

I'm so happy for you! Stories like this keep me going and give me hope!

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578
March 2022 (0 collections)
EQ - 670
TU - 690
EX - 691
Message 422 of 610
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a couple of DP's.

2nd- $285- no balance

4th- $215- no balance

5th- $420- no balance

6th- $227- no balance

7th- $127- no balance

Woot woot!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 423 of 610
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous 

Congratulation! 
Exactly what I wanted to know - does the first statement (without balance and usage) counts? Mine first was the same. It counts!!! Smiley Happy
Thank you for sharing!
FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

TCL: $72,900
INQs in last (6 m./12 m.)
EX (2/2) | EQ (0/2) | TU (0/1)
Message 424 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

So... it's been 21 months since I got the secured Discover it card and they did one soft pull last April and that was it. I put on  the minimum $200 limit and used it frequently at first but once I got approved by capital one with some high limits and cash back offers, I used Discover for some recurring charges and PIF each month never reported a balance regardless. I tried their pre-qual site numerous times with no luck. 

Today, however, I got an alert from NerdWallet letting me know my credit score finally went above 690 (694 TU / 697 Eq) and so I logged in and had a Discover it card offer. I hadn't apped in a few months so I figured what the heck. 

Low and behold, approved for $5k SL. I do not understand Discover.

Message 425 of 610
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So... it's been 21 months since I got the secured Discover it card and they did one soft pull last April and that was it. I put on  the minimum $200 limit and used it frequently at first but once I got approved by capital one with some high limits and cash back offers, I used Discover for some recurring charges and PIF each month never reported a balance regardless. I tried their pre-qual site numerous times with no luck. 

Today, however, I got an alert from NerdWallet letting me know my credit score finally went above 690 (694 TU / 697 Eq) and so I logged in and had a Discover it card offer. I hadn't apped in a few months so I figured what the heck. 

that's odd that they did the 1 soft pull. but, you get your monthly fico score, so maybe they're using that. they must be pulling it somehow. congrats on your impressive sl!  do you still have your sec? i'd call and see what the hold up is.

Message 426 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Amazing!! Congratulations 

Message 427 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome @rudolphreindeer.

When I originally saw that the first statement posted without usage I figured the first time they would maybe look at me for graduation would be in April after 7 full statements. 

@love618, congrats on the nice new CL and the impressive SL!

Message 428 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

that's odd that they did the 1 soft pull. but, you get your monthly fico score, so maybe they're using that. they must be pulling it somehow. congrats on your impressive sl!  do you still have your sec? i'd call and see what the hold up is.

Yes, I do still have it. I have been confused as to why as I have a $10k SL on the cap Venture card from November. And even trying their pre-qual site every so often with no luck. Reason varies from I already have a card to filing ch 7. It was weird. But glad I got it and can finally leave the secured behind. 

Message 429 of 610
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You are welcome @rudolphreindeer.

When I originally saw that the first statement posted without usage I figured the first time they would maybe look at me for graduation would be in April after 7 full statements. 

@love618, congrats on the nice new CL and the impressive SL!

I will definitely do PIFs too on my Disco secured from now. I was leaving some tiny amounts for statements thinking that it will make them to report to CBs faster, being afraid that $0 statements wouldn't report. Stupid ) I'll pay all before the statement from now. Im making the resolution from your sharing that Discover likes PIFs.

@love618

Congratulation to you on your new unsecured Discover! May be they will graduate your secured soon and combine both CL into one card, if you request it. I don't know if it's possible- would be great if so!

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

TCL: $72,900
INQs in last (6 m./12 m.)
EX (2/2) | EQ (0/2) | TU (0/1)
Message 430 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.